ND Basketball Prediction Thread

Season is starting up soon and I for one am pretty excited. Not sure what to expect after a disappointing season last year, but I think this team has talent. Two very talented seniors, and I think DJ + Auguste will take the next step and be productive.

My prediction: 7th in the ACC and a 10 seed in the tourney.

Go Irish!

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'll go with 6th in conference and a 10 seed. I expect Grant to light it up. I give Con credit for coming back and expect him to have a great year. I also think Vasturia has a good year and DJ will play with a lot more maturity and confidence. How good they really are depends on August's development and the emergence of another big. Does Beachem step up? I expect a huge step up from last year, and a fun, up and down year!

Season is starting up soon and I for one am pretty excited. Not sure what to expect after a disappointing season last year, but I think this team has talent. Two very talented seniors, and I think DJ + Auguste will take the next step and be productive.

My prediction: 7th in the ACC and a 10 seed in the tourney.

Go Irish!

I don't know how long you have been an ND bball fan but this was me many years ago. Unfortunately with brey it doesn't matter. it is the same sad story every year. optimism at the beginning of the season. Usually they have a good maybe surprising regular season. 6 or 7 players play, a couple players play 40 min. a game, and they peak as one of the best teams in bball around Jan. - Feb. Then early exit in tournament.

I have refused to get myself excited about brey teams anymore. Hate that guy.

I don't know how long you have been an ND bball fan but this was me many years ago. Unfortunately with brey it doesn't matter. it is the same sad story every year. optimism at the beginning of the season. Usually they have a good maybe surprising regular season. 6 or 7 players play, a couple players play 40 min. a game, and they peak as one of the best teams in bball around Jan. - Feb. Then early exit in tournament.

I have refused to get myself excited about brey teams anymore. Hate that guy.

I've been a fan of ND basketball for awhile. I know how it works. They always disappoint in the tourney and never seem to play enough guys. For awhile it seemed that Brey was starting to recruit better, but it's still the same story. I used to love Brey, but am sick and tired of the early exits as well.

That won't stop me from getting excited though. I follow CBB closely and ND is my team. I'll still cheer them on and hope things change.

I've been a fan of ND basketball for awhile. I know how it works. They always disappoint in the tourney and never seem to play enough guys. For awhile it seemed that Brey was starting to recruit better, but it's still the same story. I used to love Brey, but am sick and tired of the early exits as well.

That won't stop me from getting excited though. I follow CBB closely and ND is my team. I'll still cheer them on and hope things change.

I'm with you been an ND bball fan for about 35 yrs. now and have been optimistic brey would change but never has and have given up hope that he ever will. have seen roster names change but always same old story.

Unlike many, I am not upset with recruiting. I think for ND he recruits well. He gets guys that fit his system and I think he does a good job developing players to play in his system. He comes up with some great game plans going into games.

To me this is what is so frustrating. I think he has some characteristics of a great coach, but I think his in game coaching sucks and of course this takes in his substitution patterns.

I'm with you been an ND bball fan for about 35 yrs. now and have been optimistic brey would change but never has and have given up hope that he ever will. have seen roster names change but always same old story.

Unlike many, I am not upset with recruiting. I think for ND he recruits well. He gets guys that fit his system and I think he does a good job developing players to play in his system. He comes up with some great game plans going into games.

To me this is what is so frustrating. I think he has some characteristics of a great coach, but I think his in game coaching sucks and of course this takes in his substitution patterns.

The one thing I definitely have grown tired of is the reluctance to play more than 7 guys. I keep hoping that will change but I never does.

• 2 weeks later...