Louisville folded

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't know if the ESPN bias was more evident than it was tonight. The more Rece Davis does football games the more I realize his #1 job duty is to tote the company line.

When Rece mentioned how fortunate Louisville was to have a competitive game late in the third, I was appalled at the homerism and realized how he failed to mention the numerous opportunities for Louisville to bust the game wide open. I can think of at least 5 or 6.

I'm not whining, and I know that part of football is getting the ball to bounce your way AND taking advantage of it, but implying that Louisville was in the game because of some "luck" was way off base.

I'm glad ESPN didn't give him the premium Saturday night game with Herby.

I don't know if the ESPN bias was more evident than it was tonight. The more Rece Davis does football games the more I realize his #1 job duty is to tote the company line.

When Rece mentioned how fortunate Louisville was to have a competitive game late in the third, I was appalled at the homerism and realized how he failed to mention the numerous opportunities for Louisville to bust the game wide open. I can think of at least 5 or 6.

I'm not whining, and I know that part of football is getting the ball to bounce your way AND taking advantage of it, but implying that Louisville was in the game because of some "luck" was way off base.

Yeah, but Fowler is just as much of a tool, if not moreso.

I give Rece the nod because he has much less exposure to show off his toolishness.

If Fowler was relegated to countdown and Thursday night game, he might not come off as toolish. ESPN doled out some cash, so I think his toolishness really took off this year.

Louisville had them! Their DC lost that game for them. I want another shot at the New Criminals one more time so bad! If we lost to them fair and square, I would have absolutely no problem with that. The best team won and I am satisfied, whether they are criminals or not.

We must have watched a different game. He not only mentioned the crabs and Williams domestic violence and being allowed to play , but also threw digs at the officials winning the game for FSU. I mean maybe one line he said, but the total game he was taking digs at FSU. And he mentioned the FSU bounces that went their way several times. I thought it was pretty well balenced reporting but I could be wrong.

Yeah, i don't get the sentiment. In the game that I saw, FSU was clearly the better team. UL was fortunate to catch them napping a bit early in the game and took advantage of some poor throws, but FSU countered by bringing receivers into the middle of the field after the LB's cleared out and UL. UL never had a counter for it and then their scheme of sending everybody deep started to fall apart once they got rattled.

Without a doubt, UL can give us game but they were not a team that is 21 points better than FSU. They're not a team that's better than FSU.

I came away very impressed with FSU and feeling like it legitimized us a bit more. That team is not nearly as good as last year's but is still pretty f'ing good.

Louisville had them! Their DC lost that game for them. I want another shot at the New Criminals one more time so bad! If we lost to them fair and square, I would have absolutely no problem with that. The best team won and I am satisfied, whether they are criminals or not.

the interception turned fumble (caused by jameis) in the third quarter was the turning point in the game.

That loss is all on Petrino and his staff. They went into a prevent defense after they had been blitzing the whole first half and that's when FSU scored their first TD.

Then they have a chance to win the game with 5 mins, ahead by 3 and they play not to lose. And when you play not to lose, you generally lose. Second to the last drive by Lousiville (before FSU blew it out) was, by far, the most import set of plays in the game in my opinion. Hate it when I see coaches screw themselves by playing conservative to secure a win.

That loss is all on Petrino and his staff. They went into a prevent defense after they had been blitzing the whole first half and that's when FSU scored their first TD.

Then they have a chance to win the game with 5 mins, ahead by 3 and they play not to lose. And when you play not to lose, you generally lose. Second to the last drive by Lousiville (before FSU blew it out) was, by far, the most import set of plays in the game in my opinion. Hate it when I see coaches screw themselves by playing conservative to secure a win.

they were blitzing a lot in the second half.

players played a big part too dude. fumbled interveption. dropped 4th and 2 pass. missed tackle on long cook TD run.

i want to say they blitzed on the 3rd and 6 TD pass to fullback.

This comes down to FSU having better players. They have 4 top 10 classes. Louisville 4 top 50 classes.

Petrino is a better coach than Fisher, but Fisher has better players. That showed up in time for them last night.

Same reason ND should win out. Better players than everyone they play and a better coach.

they were blitzing a lot in the second half.

players played a big part too dude. fumbled interveption. dropped 4th and 2 pass. missed tackle on long cook TD run.

i want to say they blitzed on the 3rd and 6 TD pass to fullback.

yea, I shouldn't say it was ALL on the coaches. My point being is that first TD was against a prevent defense and the last drive that Lousiville had when they were ahead they played it very conservatively while the drive before that, that led to the TD by Lousiville was on a long pass to Parker.

When you are an underdog against the defending NC's, go big or go home, especially when going big is what got you in the lead in the first place. You can't go 3 and out with 5 minutes left on your own 15. That's like giving the other team a TD.

yea, I shouldn't say it was ALL on the coaches. My point being is that first TD was against a prevent defense and the last drive that Lousiville had when they were ahead they played it very conservatively while the drive before that, that led to the TD by Lousiville was on a long pass to Parker.

When you are an underdog against the defending NC's, go big or go home, especially when going big is what got you in the lead in the first place. You can't go 3 and out with 5 minutes left on your own 15. That's like giving the other team a TD.

the first TD was a Karlos Williams fumble recovered in the endzone for a TD by nick o'leary.