Let's win 11 games, then complain

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Winning 11 would be KEY and it would be SWEET----committee aside it makes no matter

We win 11 and finish like one of the best teams in the country we should end up #3 in both traditional polls---

That won't get us in but it would turn us from what we are now --mostly crying and whining ---to a fan base with a totally LEGIT beef.

Win 11 we play in the orange bowl--maybe against URBIE---with as much luster as the lower seed playoff game

Win 11 and we can set the stage for a dominating 2015

Win 11 and it will be terrific for us irrespective of Haden/Willingham/Luck and the rest.

Win 11 and we exceed expectation not only nationally but with our own fan base

We are given LOW ODDS of winning out---behind most EVERY OTHER TOP TEN TEAM----WIN 11 and make them suck on it

WIN 11--and its all good for us

aloha's

Edited by hawaiiirish

I know we need potential chaos, but who knows what the future holds.

we could lose two or three more times if we play sloppy football.

enjoy the ride fellow Irish fans. BEAT NAVY!

I'll opt for "C. All of the above."

I'm certainly going to enjoy the ride and watch every game tentatively.

I also get that ND hasn't beaten ASU, USC, Navy, NW or Lousiville yet. That's not the point. The point is, we can already recognize that the system is flawed, regardless of how this shakes out by the end. For that reason, I will continue to b!tch about the playoff polls regardless of ND's record.

All of the above points are absolutely legit. We should focus on the positives. We did get hosed by the refs. We do still have games left to play. May I suggest another key point right now........at least we're not in the position Michigan is in right now! Sweet Jesus, imagine how their fans feel right now! Can I get an amen????

I agree entirely but it doesn't ease the pain, not just yet. We could easily lose another game, especially with an ill timed penalty.
Yup. I'm extremely frustrated that we got victory taken from us by 1 official/play, have to cheer for other teams we don't even like, and pray things fall our way. The whole process has worn on me honestly with the sport. We would be fine now if there was an 8 team playoff system. It is what it is, but I just have a bad feeling with us not controlling our own destiny.

IF we win 11 games this year I will be AMAZED, and everybody will talk about how our ONLY loss was against the defending NAT champs and we should have won.

In my opinion it will be a better season than 2012 if we go 11-1 this year. For whats on the line and the chance for 2 more games will be incredible!

Yup. I'm extremely frustrated that we got victory taken from us by 1 official/play, have to cheer for other teams we don't even like, and pray things fall our way. The whole process has worn on me honestly with the sport. We would be fine now if there was an 8 team playoff system. It is what it is, but I just have a bad feeling with us not controlling our own destiny.

Are you sure about that? Because I'm not entirely sure about that.

If Auburn, MissState, Ol Miss and Alabama all finish with 1-2 losses, and it was expanded to 8...Are you certain that we'd be above them all? Let's say MissState goes 12-1, Ole Miss 10-2, Alabama 10-2, Auburn 10-2, MSU 12-1, TCU 11-1, FSU 13-0, Oregon 12-1...Can you guarantee we'd be in the playoff? I can't and won't. We're going to learn a WHOLE lot about the playoff committee this weekend with where they slot the loser of the Ole Miss/Auburn game. Answer me this: "If Auburn loses a close game AT Ole Miss, do they fall out of the top 10?"

This.

If we didn't complain, message boards around the world would go out of business.

Complaining is fun.

No kidding. What the **** are we suppose to talk about? Do we have a circle jerk and blow rainbow colored loads all over each other about how bad we are gonna paste Navy this weekend?

The last freakin' game we played was the debacle in Tallahassee. We just got ranked as the 8th best 1 loss team, barely ahead of a Georgia team that got beat by a 4-4 South Carolina. What do you want us to talk about? Wanna rehash how great it is to have Golson instead of Tommy Rees? Wanna break down the intensity of VanGorder's fist pumping? Wax poetically about the frozen five some more?

We're coming off one of the most miserable two week stretches since the NCG loss and the T'eo scandal.