After FSU loses tomorrow night

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

will they still be ranked higher than us next week? Or, will karma rear its beautiful head?

Seriously though, will they stay ahead of us?

IF Florida State loses tomorrow night...we'll pass them, maybe not next week, but long term, we'll pass them. We get a shot at Louisville. The committee will be unable to overlook that we beat the team that beat FSU and SHOULD have beaten FSU ourselves...

Really, UL beating FSU is one of the best things that could happen to us.

First of all, I don't think they are going to lose. I touched base on this in another thread, but no we will not jump them if they lose and we beat Navy. Also, if both teams have 1 loss at the end of the year we will NOT jump them for 2 main reasons:

1) They have a better W than us, also while beating us head to head. The committee doesn't care how fraudelent it happened.

2) They are in a conference and will get an extra W.

They only way we jump FSU is if they lose 2 games (not going to happen).

First of all, I don't think they are going to lose. I touched base on this in another thread, but no we will not jump them if they lose and we beat Navy. Also, if both teams have 1 loss at the end of the year we will NOT jump them for 2 main reasons:

1) They have a better W than us, also while beating us head to head. The committee doesn't care how fraudelent it happened.

That's what I'm worried about, because they're defending champs and will probably win their conference, they will stay ahead of us. And if that is true, it doesn't bode well for ANY chance of us getting in.

IF Florida State loses tomorrow night...we'll pass them, maybe not next week, but long term, we'll pass them.
Doubt it. They'll have a better W than us (beating us head to head.) The only team remaining in the top 25 we play is Louisville. Our schedule is highly unfavorable for us and this new bs system.

That's what I'm worried about, because they're defending champs and will probably win their conference, they will stay ahead of us. And if that is true, it doesn't bode well for ANY chance of us getting in.
We have a very minimal chance of getting in but everything would have to fall into place almost in an amazing manner. Not impossible but pretty unlikely at this point. We're not passing FSU unless they lose 2.

I am not entirely sure about that. I think if FSU loses to Louisville and then ND beats Louisville at home, we could jump ahead of them. Especially if FSU loses pretty bad in the loss and we dominate the game (like we did with FSU).

I am not entirely sure about that. I think if FSU loses to Louisville and then ND beats Louisville at home, we could jump ahead of them. Especially if FSU loses pretty bad in the loss and we dominate the game (like we did with FSU).
I am sure of that. They'd still have the overall strong W that we don't. Sorry guys, Louisville isn't going to cut it. Let me be real clear about this:

The committee doesn't care that we lost to FSU or that we got robbed. They could care less.

We're the only entity that does care. FSU would have more victories, a stronger W, and head to head. We're not jumping them unless they lose 2.

I am sure of that. They'd still have the overall strong W that we don't. Sorry guys, Louisville isn't going to cut it. Let me be real clear about this:

The committee doesn't care that we lost to FSU or that we got robbed. They could care less.

We're the only entity that does care. FSU would have more victories, a stronger W, and head to head. We're not jumping them unless they lose 2.

The committee would care man. They break down a myriad of factors and SOS is one, common opponents, game control... we would pass them if we beat UL convincingly.

The committee would care man. They break down a myriad of factors and SOS is one, common opponents, game control... we would pass them if we beat UL convincingly.
Really? SOS matters? Why is MSU ahead of us then if our sos is ranked 30 spots more difficult? It matters maybe an iota to this new committee. Having an impressive victory is all they care about or being in a conference. We have neither. What else is going to hurt us tremendously is we don't even get a real shot to beat someone that would help us either. Again, Louisville at 25 isn't going to cut it. Heck, they won't even be in the top 25 after tomorrow night.

We aren't jumping FSU. No way. No how. The refs made sure of it, now the committee will.

Really? SOS matters? Why is MSU ahead of us then if our sos is ranked 30 spots more difficult? It matters maybe an iota to this new committee. Having an impressive victory is all they care about or being in a conference. We have neither. What else is going to hurt us tremendously is we don't even get a real shot to beat someone that would help us either. Again, Louisville at 25 isn't going to cut it. Heck, they won't even be in the top 25 after tomorrow night.

We aren't jumping FSU. No way. No how. The refs made sure of it, now the committee will.

IF asu beats utah and then ND goes on the road to beat asu, that's a good win that should help the Irish.