CFSC Head Official on ND's loss to FSU

From Dan Patrick Show -- College Football Selection Committee head Jeff Long on ‪#‎NotreDame‬ good loss at FSU, "look at the rest of the body of their work and I would tell you it did help them."

I can buy that BUT it does not justify MSU ahead of us.

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

From Dan Patrick Show -- College Football Selection Committee head Jeff Long on ‪#‎NotreDame‬ good loss at FSU, "look at the rest of the body of their work and I would tell you it did help them."

How backhanded is that?

"Look at everything else they did and losing helped them"

Essentially, everything else we did warranted us being ranked even lower...

From Dan Patrick Show -- College Football selection Committee head Jeff Long on ‪#‎NotreDame‬ good loss at FSU, "look at the rest of the body of their work and I would tell you it did help them."

Right now their win over Nebraska is a better win than Stanford, which is hard to argue. This will all get sorted out in the end.

Right now their win over Nebraska is a better win than Stanford, which is hard to argue. This will all get sorted out in the end.

So basically they are saying best win matters over all else?

Rice > Jacksonville St.

North Carolina > Wyoming

Syracuse > E Michigan

ND beat Michigan by more

ND beat Purdue by more

Stanford < Nebraska

4 point loss FSU > 19 point loss to Oregon

So 1 check in their column out of 7 gets them ahead?

So basically they are saying best win matters over all else?

Rice > Jacksonville St.

North Carolina > Wyoming

Syracuse > E Michigan

ND beat Michigan by more

ND beat Purdue by more

Stanford < Nebraska

So 1 check in their column out of 6 gets them ahead?

They beat Nebraska who is ranked what top 15? ND marquee win so far is a 3 loss team and a loss at FSU, nevermind a last second win against UNC. Some of you guys never take off the Shamrock glasses. If ND wins out and gets shafted then I'll be complaining with the rest of you.

They beat Nebraska who is ranked what top 15? ND marquee win so far is a 3 loss team and a loss at FSU, nevermind a last second win against UNC. Some of you guys never take off the Shamrock glasses. If ND wins out and gets shafted then I'll be complaining with the rest of you.

you make a good point about the nebraska win.

But cory has made the ultimate statement here.

notre dame's body of work is great than Michigan state's.

notre dame's strength of schedule is greater than Michigan State's.

and nebraska beat a bunch of bullshit teams. if Stanford had their sked, they'd be 6-1 as well.

Explain then what Nebraska has done to warrant a number 15 ranking for me beside play a cupcake schedule. Was that last second, miraculous TD run to beat McNeese State, what impressed them with Nebraska? Because Utah's season has looked a HELLEVAH lot better than Nebraska's at this point to be honest.

What glasses? M State is the only team I have issue with. Did you watch the N Carolina game? What was last second about it?

Did you know Purdue was driving to tie Mich St with a minute left?

If best win is all that matters, why isn't M St ahead of Alabama? Nebraska is ahead of W Virginia?

you make a good point about the nebraska win.

But cory has made the ultimate statement here.

notre dame's body of work is great than Michigan state's.

notre dame's strength of schedule is greater than Michigan State's.

and nebraska beat a bunch of bullshit teams. if Stanford had their sked, they'd be 6-1 as well.

That's fine and true, but Stanford didn't have their schedule. This debate can go around and around all day, ND just needs to go out and take care of business here on out.

That's fine and true, but Stanford didn't have their schedule. This debate can go around and around all day, ND just needs to go out and take care of business here on out.

No dude, that's not going to be enough.

I went over this two weeks ago, so I don't feel like rehashing the whole thing again...but here is the condensed version.

We do not have the high profile games remaining to jump Oregon, Big12 champ or Michigan State if they are above us in the rankings. We at MOST have one remaining game against a ranked team. If ASU loses this weekend, our ship is totally sunk. Even if we beat ASU, they'll have 2 losses with a better than good shot at finishing the season with three losses.

The initial ranking at 10, means, we need complete bedlam. We need 2 loss conference champions in at least 3 of the major conferences in order to make the playoff.

Do we JUMP Oregon if we win out and they win out?

Do we JUMP MSU if we win out and they win out?

Do we JUMP TCU/KState if we win out and they win out?

The answer is no. All those teams have MULTIPLE games against ranked teams remaining. It's just not going to be possible to jump them. We could have held serve if we started above them but we're not jumping anyone unless we beat ASU by like 40(because UCLA already beat them by 35 earlier this year.....)

Edited by piratey

ND did what it was suppose to do, win their games. ND can't help that Michigan sucks, Stanford isn't as good and UNC stinks. NDs preseason schedule was one of the toughest going in, its not NDs fault that the teams they've played suck.