FSU at Louisville--Who do we want??

This Thursday night on ESPN. Seriously, Louisville can win this game. They have a terrific front 7. They beat North Carolina State handily, a team that almost beat FSU. BUT WHO DO WE WANT??????

I think I want Louisville. I know, that makes our loss look a little worse, but so what. Maybe we jump them in the rankings?? I want any team ranked ahead of us to lose. I think we are going to get in the top 4 and it could be as soon as this Saturday. I want Stanford to beat Oregon. It can happen. Stanford played very well Saturday in thumping Oregon State. Man this is a fun year.

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Seems to me like an FSU loss damages our SOS and as a result, our playoff chances, much more than a Louisville loss.

But FSU would still be a good loss. Not that any losses are good. If they only have one loss at the end of the season, then I think they would not hurt our schedule at all. Would we not jump them in the poll??

I was thinking the same thing earlier about an FSU loss. Our SOS is already screwed to some degree. Wouldn't an FSU loss create another open spot in the playoff? There's not a person who thinks that the ACC and FSU's schedule, sans ND, is worth anything. If they lost to an unranked team, I can't see them getting a chance to get back in because they wouldn't play anyone else.

I'm not saying that it would work out this way for sure, just a possibility (at least in my mind).

The one thing that would help us the most is Stanford beating Oregon IMO.

The one thing that would help us the most is Stanford beating Oregon IMO.
Yes it would help a ton. They beat them good last year, but this game is at Oregon and Stanford's offense is pretty bad. Man, if they could ever have 1 great game, this would be it. It'll be interesting to see UO's offense v. Stanford's defense.

You guys see that FSU is only about a TD favorite in this game? Am I seeing this correctly? And if so, how is that?

Louisville is a good team. They have a great defense. They just spanked NC State a team that should have beaten FSU. Actually this team scares me. I am glad we have them at home. They are receiving votes and are ranked about 30. They have FSU at home~~TUNE IN.

I want FSU to win, cleanly, but close... Less than 7 PTs. And I want to ND to curb stomp Louisville..

For SOS, we want FSU to be undefeated and only look modestly vulnerable to us.

This^^^ I won't be mad if they lose though. A ton of football left.

I want FSU to lose. I am serious about having them feel the pain of 1993 in reverse this time...I do not care how exactly...loss to Louisville, Miami or Duke...I want them to finish #5 in the final standings and I want them to know what its like to win a game on the field and then be voted (or slotted) behind a team you beat.

Universal karma demands justice for 1993!!!!!!!

Louisville is becoming a very important game for us and I am pumped because the wife and I have tickets by the tunnel!!!! I believe that if FSU wins a close one and we blow them out that will be the best scenario. I don't think we can take the hit on SOS right now....

Louisville is a good team. They have a great defense. They just spanked NC State a team that should have beaten FSU. Actually this team scares me. I am glad we have them at home. They are receiving votes and are ranked about 30. They have FSU at home~~TUNE IN.

I don't think I'd say that NC Stat deserved to win

After going up 24-7, they only scored 17 in the next three quarter, and then gave up 49 in the same time

NC State lost because, THAT was a game where FSU truly needed to get their heads out of their asses before they truly played at their best

This is unlike the ND game, where FSU and ND both played their best

side note: I love how some people were saying "ohhh, we had a new starter at Center, that's why you guys ran over our DLine".....pshhh, like we didn't have attrition of some kind on our side...not to mention the Frozen 5, but we also lost key players to injury: Austin Collinsworth, Tony Springman, Jarrett Grace

Edited by Franco