We don't make it into the top 4, then what?

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Seems like its the tournament or bust around here but what are some other scenarios? I don't know how all these bowl games shake out but am i wrong in thinking that it's very possible we could play tosu?

Not that I don't think we can't hang with most anyone, but if we were to play them, and heaven forbid, lose, I'll never hear the end of it here in bucknuts territory. One guy I work w/who talks college fb w/me all the time (and is of course an OSU fan) thinks they're playing completely with fool's gold...thinks MSU's gonna clean their clocks, which I'm not so sure of. They're playing like a pretty darn confident team since Barrett's grown up on the job rather quickly.

Not that I don't think we can't hang with most anyone, but if we were to play them, and heaven forbid, lose, I'll never hear the end of it here in bucknuts territory. One guy I work w/who talks college fb w/me all the time (and is of course an OSU fan) thinks they're playing completely with fool's gold...thinks MSU's gonna clean their clocks, which I'm not so sure of. They're playing like a pretty darn confident team since Barrett's grown up on the job rather quickly.

I'm surrounded by OSU fans as well. I still have to listen to them brag about the last time we played. I'd love to shut them up.

Don't we have a contract with the Orange Bowl? I would guess that's where we end up. Not sure who we'd play though.

Yes, not sure how it works if ND doesn't want that game though. They have no minimum requirements. If FSU were to get into the playoff then the second place ACC team would represent I believe. ND is not going to want to play Duke or something. If FSU does not get in then it would be ND vs FSU again, if indeed they are invited. Nice consolation to beat FSU in that game if they do not make the top 4.

Top 4 playoff, if ND is the highest ranked of the teams left from Big 10, SEC then they will play in the Orange, if top 10-11 they will likely play in a New Year's Six game. Those games are Fiesta, Cotton, Orange and Peach this year.

Top 4 playoff, if ND is the highest ranked of the teams left from Big 10, SEC then they will play in the Orange, if top 10-11 they will likely play in a New Year's Six game. Those games are Fiesta, Cotton, Orange and Peach this year.

Peach bowl? Ahh I miss the days when bowls had actual names and were not the sponser. Peach bowl used to be respectable now it is the Chick fil a bowl making it fairly irrelevant.

Peach bowl? Ahh I miss the days when bowls had actual names and were not the sponser. Peach bowl used to be respectable now it is the Chick fil a bowl making it fairly irrelevant.

It's the Peach bowl again. Sugar, Orange, Peach, Cotton, Rose and Fiesta Bowls are called the "New Year's Six" aka Major bowls

It's the Peach bowl again. Sugar, Orange, Peach, Cotton, Rose and Fiesta Bowls are called the "New Year's Six" aka Major bowls

I wasn't argueing just haven't seen it termed that in awhile. I appreciate it. Well it still has chick fil a in front of it which makes me sad. At least the rose bowl is first with their sponser. Glad the Orange and Fiesta have changed that as well. They don't even have peaches at chick fil a .

ND is now in the ACC bowl lineup. So if they don't make the playoff, or get selected for one of the other 4 big bowls, they will get slotted into an ACC bowl. They can be selected for any of the ACC games as long as they don't have less than 1 fewer win vs another ACC team.

For example, an 8 win ND team couldn't be selected for X bowl over a 10 win ACC team.

Edited by corysold