Looking ahead to Tuesday

1st playoff rankings come out.

I think as long as ND comes in ahead of anyone in the Big 12 or Big 10, they will control their own destiny. If Mich St, TCU, K State etc come in ahead, ND will need some help, even at 11-1.

Obviously a long way to go, but it will be interesting to see where ND stands in the eyes of the committee.

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1st playoff rankings come out.

I think as long as ND comes in ahead of anyone in the Big 12 or Big 10, they will control their own destiny. If Mich St, TCU, K State etc come in ahead, ND will need some help, even at 11-1.

Obviously a long way to go, but it will be interesting to see where ND stands in the eyes of the committee.

I think 11-1 punches their ticket easy, of course that's easier said than done.

Probably. I just think it will be fascinating to watch it play out. Say if Mich St comes in at 6 and ND at 7, would ND be able to jump them if they both win out? Same with K St.

I just wonder how much the initial rankings will play into the final rankings and whether they will move teams around more week to week than you typically see in the other polls.

Probably. I just think it will be fascinating to watch it play out. Say if Mich St comes in at 6 and ND at 7, would ND be able to jump them if they both win out? Same with K St.

I just wonder how much the initial rankings will play into the final rankings and whether they will move teams around more week to week than you typically see in the other polls.

It's a selection committee...it's a business... I think anyone would take the Irish over State for $$$$.

Obviously anything can happen but if FSU stays at #1 and that's are only loss I just don't see how they can keep ND out. Of course FSU will probably lose one now.

Do you think the Big 12 has the depth and quality to justify a 1-loss team getting in this year? I just don't see it. Too many middle of the road teams

Obviously anything can happen but if FSU stays at #1 and that's are only loss I just don't see how they can keep ND out. Of course FSU will probably lose one now.

FSU losing a late game ... say the UF or ACC championship game after ND finishes 11-1 and in the top 4...I would LOVE to see them get screwed over in a reverse 1993...

I'm more looking at the movement and fluidity of the rankings themselves. I wonder if it is good that they are doing public rankings at all prior to a final release.

If team A is ahead of team B from now until the last week, but team B wins a big game, will they jump B over A? That sort of thing.

I hope thy don't get themselves in a bind 7 weeks into the year that is tough to get out of after all the games are played.

And I really hope money and ratings play absolutely no role on the process at all.

Interesting - just had a thorough panel discussion on Gameday about likely initial 4 team playoff lineup, plus opinions on final lineup - and managed to work through the whole detailed analysis without even so much as a mention of Notre Dame? WTF?:rofl:

Just normal bye week stuff. A lot of their analysts on twitter are being retweeted by the College Game Day twitter account with their playoff predictions, and right now, most have ND as either the #4 team in, or the first team out.

They're not screwing ND....yet. They're just broadcasting to the fans that are likely watching this week. Heck, I slept in and ignored Gameday simply because we have the bye week.

First off I have no clue how we'r behind Michigan State, please tell me how they're resume is better than ours?

I think we get in at 11-1, one thing that wold help us move in the rankings is beating ASU, Louisville, and USC decisively. I know this team will play pissed off the rest of the year wanting that rematch but can they drive teams into the ground and not let up, we'll see.

Just normal bye week stuff. A lot of their analysts on twitter are being retweeted by the College Game Day twitter account with their playoff predictions, and right now, most have ND as either the #4 team in, or the first team out.

They're not screwing ND....yet. They're just broadcasting to the fans that are likely watching this week. Heck, I slept in and ignored Gameday simply because we have the bye week.

So you figure if Mississippi State or FSU or Auburn were on a bye week today, they'd have analysed the playoff picture but not mentioned them? Sorry, but we'll have to agree to disagree on that one.