Baseball - what is that?

Baseball - what is that?  

41 members have voted

1. 1. Baseball - what is that?

• Second only to God, Country, and ND Football
    • I watch now and then when football isn't on.
    • The world series is on? Who's playing?
    • Baseball? What is that?
    • Other

What are you thoughts on baseball:

1. Second only to God, Country and ND Footabll

2. I watch now and then when football isn't on

3. The world series is on? Who's playing

4. Baseball, what is that?

5. Other

http://www.nytimes.com/2014/10/24/sports/baseball/world-series-2014-baseball-is-no-longer-center-of-attention-in-new-landscape.html?_r=0

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

I love baseball. But it's a regional sport. I can't bring myself to watch a baseball game unless my Tiger's are playing. I already invest my time to watch 120-some odd baseball games(taking out the 40ish day games during work week and 10pm start time games) that I just can't watch other teams play.

I can't watch a baseball game from beginning to end unless it's a White Sox game. I will watch a few innings of the playoff games if there's no football on at the same time. I do enjoy seeing teams other than the Yankees, Red Sox, Cardinals and Tigers making the World Series. That gets me to watch a bit more.

Baseball was a HUGE part of my life....got involved in it like many kids in Little League, played 4 years in high school in So. Bend, and went on to play 3 years of college ball, so you'd think I would have interest in watching it. Nope. I RARELY watch it until the playoffs. I've just watched the most baseball all year in the first 2 World Series games, and that has only been to see what the cinderella Royals can do. (Sorry, after seeing Drew's post, I am reminded that I did watch a good amount of the LL World Series.) I was only thinking MLB.

Conversely, I can watch almost any college (or pro) football game, just to be watching some football.

Edited by NDNorm

I've stopped watching it when HGH and roids were much more prevelant and guys like Brady Anderson were hitting 50 home runs a season. That's not the game. It's an anticipation game. A thinking game with small ins and outs with every pitch delivered. At least that was my opinion when I played and pitched all the way through college ball. Oh, and college baseball, yuck. Get rid of the metal bats already.

I've stopped watching it when HGH and roids were much more prevelant and guys like Brady Anderson were hitting 50 home runs a season. That's not the game. It's an anticipation game. A thinking game with small ins and outs with every pitch delivered. At least that was my opinion when I played and pitched all the way through college ball. Oh, and college baseball, yuck. Get rid of the metal bats already.

Get rid of the metal? The bats they use now have been deadened down so much it has practically killed the college offense. Just look at the amount of home runs hit during the College World Series this year. By the sounds of your comment college baseball would be right up your alley.

I personally love baseball, more so than ND football. However I won't normally watch other teams except mine. I have watched the World Series but not the entire games so far.

I played baseball in high school and was pretty decent. Had the chance to play at some small colleges, instead followed my girlfriend to a D1 school.

I said all that to say...I never ever watch baseball on TV unless it is the playoffs. I can't stand watching it on TV. I absolutely loved ACTUALLY PLAYING THE GAME more than anything else until I found motorcycling.

I can also take in a game now and then IN PERSON, in the stands with beer and brat.

TV??? Only the playoff and only sometimes. I just don't think the sport lends itself to TV very well. Football on the other hand...

I played baseball in high school and was pretty decent. Had the chance to play at some small colleges, instead followed my girlfriend to a D1 school.

I said all that to say...I never ever watch baseball on TV unless it is the playoffs. I can't stand watching it on TV. I absolutely loved ACTUALLY PLAYING THE GAME more than anything else until I found motorcycling.

I can also take in a game now and then IN PERSON, in the stands with beer and brat.

TV??? Only the playoff and only sometimes. I just don't think the sport lends itself to TV very well. Football on the other hand...

Did you marry her? If not... :(

I am an other vote as well. I love watching the Cincinnati Reds more then I like to watch anything on tv. Baseball was always my fathers favorite sport and he was a big fan of the Reds when he was growing up and it gives him and I something to talk about. But when the Reds season is over I usually dont watch much til the World Series. I have been cheering for the Giants to win it all this year for my uncle, who was a huge Giants fan who lost his battle to cancer earlier this year.