Closing the 2015 Recruiting Class

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Can we throw in possibly an elite pass rusher?

If Gustin or Brown decide they want I don't see them being turned down...or did Wallace close the window on that?

Gustin or Brown would be takes but at some point this becomes who joins first and it is probably there now. Must gets are RB and S.

Gustin or Brown would be takes but at some point this becomes who joins first and it is probably there now. Must gets are RB and S.

Wow, every year we talk about needing to build a solid base on the class halfway into a season so we can key in on closing down with a few blue chips. it's finally happened and i couldn't be happier. it's great to be in on 5-10 studs with 3 spots left down the stretch.

This class will be bigger than expected. If elite talent is out there that's also a good fit for ND the staff isn't going to pass up difference makers.

Like always there will be some expected as well as unexpected transfers and career ending injuries that will open up scholarships.

IMO 5 to 7 more prospects in this class.

This class will be bigger than expected. If elite talent is out there that's also a good fit for ND the staff isn't going to pass up difference makers.

Like always there will be some expected as well as unexpected transfers and career ending injuries that will open up scholarships.

IMO 5 to 7 more prospects in this class.

If ND took 7 that would mean the only returning 5th yr is Golson as the team stands right now.

If ND took 7 that would mean the only returning 5th yr is Golson as the team stands right now.

I think that would be detrimental to this team. I would say guys we need back, Farley, Golson, Schmidt, and Williams. Maybe Williams is expendable but Schmidt and Farley are necessities. Farley for safety depth and Schmidt because he aligns every one up.

I think that would be detrimental to this team. I would say guys we need back, Farley, Golson, Schmidt, and Williams. Maybe Williams is expendable but Schmidt and Farley are necessities. Farley for safety depth and Schmidt because he aligns every one up.

Schmidt is a lock if he wants it. Telling a 5th year Captain and starter he can't come back? Not happening.

Over recruit, grey shirt, be prepared. Every year it happens and we find ourselves short and some open schollies.

I'm cool with a little oversigning because we always lose a couple guys in the offseason. But man I hope it doesn't reach the point of grey shirting. That's just bush league.

One Foot Down did a nice article the other day on the scholarship situation. Its up to date through the Bilal commitment, so remember to add one to the inside linebacker and overall scholarship crops for Coney.

http://www.onefootdown.com/2014/10/21/6957569/2015-notre-dame-recruiting-scholarships-roster-depth

Exactly. I checked it with Scout's as well.

Taking Van Gorder off scholarship, assuming KVR and Ishaq return and assuming Barrati's career is over...ND currently has 8 spots available for 5th yrs and anymore commits.