2012 Notre Dame prediction thread

Given that it is a bye week, I'm going with something a little different for the prediction thread this week.

2014 ND vs 2012 ND - Who wins?

I'm going 2014. 2012 needed a solid run game to score points, which I think '14 could stop. Given that '12 could likely slow '14 run game as well, it would come down to the better QB. I think we can all agree 2014 Golson is better than 2012 Golson.

2014 ND 31

2012 ND 21

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Given that it is a bye week, I'm going with something a little different for the prediction thread this week.

2014 ND vs 2012 ND - Who wins?

I'm going 2014. 2012 needed a solid run game to score points, which I think '14 could stop. Given that '12 could likely slow '14 run game as well, it would come down to the better QB. I think we can all agree 2014 Golson is better than 2012 Golson.

2014 ND 31

2012 ND 21

agreed the '14 team wins but it's more like 17-14. Te'o causes EG fumble....wow, hate saying that

Love this thread. I want to say 2014, but I think because it's more recent in my mind and coming off a great game against FSU. I'm going to say 2012 in a close one (28-24.) I think that both of our lines in 2012 where better and that's the difference in the game.

Can't wait to hear other's thoughts. Great thread-topic Cory!

2012 team would get smoked. We have more talent at EVERY position minus TE/Center/LG/LT.

Yeah, I *blankin' said it. Jaylon Smith is a better overall player than Manti Te'o.

Better scheme on both sides of the ball. And let me pose this question to you Rocket...

What was the Kryptonite of Bob Diaco defenses? I'll give you a moment....You guess yet? Dual Threat QB's DESTROYED Diaco defenses and guess what the 2014 ND has?

I would predict a score similar to the Alabama beat down.

That's a pretty big hole to patch in your pool my man...

True. However, name me a better tackle that has worn the golden helmet in modern history? Zach Martin is the best NFL prospect we've put in the NFL in a long, long time. Chris Watt and Braxston Cave were both fantastic as well.

you know what...this is a great thread

I actually think 2014 is better in just about every facet of the game

Strength vs. Strength in a lot of areas

2102 Rushing Offense (regular season): 202.5 yds per game (29th)

2014 Rushing Defense: 102.7 yds allowed per game (12th)

Can someone bring up the redzone stats? I want to compare 2014's offensive redzone offensive production vs. the 2012 redzone defense...I really think that's where things get really interesting

2012 team would get smoked. We have more talent at EVERY position minus TE/Center/LG/LT.

Yeah, I *blankin' said it. Jaylon Smith is a better overall player than Manti Te'o.

Better scheme on both sides of the ball. And let me pose this question to you Rocket...

What was the Kryptonite of Bob Diaco defenses? I'll give you a moment....You guess yet? Dual Threat QB's DESTROYED Diaco defenses and guess what the 2014 ND has?

I would predict a score similar to the Alabama beat down.

I agree with you on everything, but when did the 2012 team get smoked by a dual-threat QB? The only team that offensively smoked the 2012 team was Alabama

I agree with you on everything, but when did the 2012 team get smoked by a dual-threat QB? The only team that offensively smoked the 2012 team was Alabama

They didn't play any dual threat QBs outside Derpnard. And Derpnard couldn't get out of his own way.

But historically, Diaco defenses could not stop running QBs. We saw it time and time again

True. However, name me a better tackle that has worn the golden helmet in modern history? Zach Martin is the best NFL prospect we've put in the NFL in a long, long time.

Luke Petitgout perhaps? Not saying he will outshine Martin in the pros, but Petitogut was pretty dominant in college especially his senior season.

2012 OL vs 2014 DL would be a good matchup.

2012 DL would beat our 2014 OL.

I'd go with the 2014 team because of BVG, but in a close game.

I'd go with the 2014 team purely because of this matchup:

2012 Golson

vs.

2014 Golson

2014 Golson is LIGHT-YEARS ahead of 2012 Golson =)