100% Proof ND Got Hosed (what the backjudge should have seen)

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I promise, this is the last mention. This is what the nation will probably never see...nor do they want to.

http://m.wsbt.com/sports/a-new-look-at-that-controversial-call-during-nd-vs-fsu/29232562

Thanks; not that I need any more evidence to know they got hosed, but man, that is airtight proof positive. As an aside, shame on all those ND fans that piped up and said it was a righteous call.....

Ya, that is crazy.

I will say that was still quite the epic game. To go from chest bumps, high-fiving, screaming and yelling in celebration with my boys to...NOOOOOO WAY and ref complaining in a matter of seconds was quite the experience. And although it totally sucks that they lost, it was still a fun evening will be etched in my memory forever... GO IRISH!

I'll admit I was so drunk, I don't remember my reaction all that well. I may have gotten banned from chat, but can't remember! I do know I was mad as hell, and went into the garage lookin for something to throw down the drive. Other than that can't recall much from that portion of the evening. I still do t know how a ref can make that call with so much on the line. I was listening to the local radio sports show today, and the ND insider said it was the right call. Smh. I instantly was mad as hell. I am ticked not that we have a loss but more that we didn't earn the loss. I am fine with getting beat by the better team just not the way this happened.

Doug Rhoads should be immediately fired. Agreed?

Well, you listen to his mealy-mouthed explanation and tell me what you think?

http://www.theacc.com/#!/video-detail/k5N203cTo1mISwdgvmymCTb__m1r7ARt

He rhymes off the criteria that a competent official would use to make a legitimate OPI call, but he sure as hell never confirms that the crooked bastard making the call on Sat nite actually used them appropriately, does he?

Well, you listen to his mealy-mouthed explanation and tell me what you think?

http://www.theacc.com/#!/video-detail/k5N203cTo1mISwdgvmymCTb__m1r7ARt

He rhymes off the criteria that a competent official would use to make a legitimate OPI call, but he sure as hell never confirms that the crooked bastard making the call on Sat nite actually used them, does he?

I agree with you guys Ontario. It's clear it was a BS call and after reading the Pat Ryan article, I believe he needs to be investigated. I have said as much in each of my posts, but here is the problem. Fuller was in a position where it COULD go either way, as is obvious in the current media storm where the majority agree with the call, and is explained in the NCAA rules re: OPI. I personally believe he was blocking after Darby jumped the route but that doesn't matter. I also believe whether he was blocking or not should NOT have drawn a flag, as the other 2 ref's with better position agreed.

Where are the media personalities standing up for Notre Dame? Is everybody outside South Bend wrong? Is Lou Holtz wrong? Is the ACC wrong? Step back for a moment and look at the big picture. There is nothing there.

What if Notre Dame plays Florida State again this year in the playoffs? What if they whoop our ***? Wouldn't humility be better served right now? Do any of us honestly want THAT egg in our face? I can hear it now, "Notre Dame isn't allowed to cheat and they get stomped." Let it go.

This is a distraction. A BIG DISTRACTION that needs to be buried right now so the team can move forward. If you were the head coach at Notre Dame right now, what would your next move be?

We could all learn a thing or two from our star QB Everett Golson who stated, "You can't argue with a OPI call, you just need to play through it." Bravo Mr. Golson!!

I don't know about you guys, but i'm still pretty steamed over this terrible call

I honestly don't think I'll ever get over it

I remember we likened the whole Michigan thing to an ex-gf

Well, I liken this to catching your gf in bed with another guy, in the throws....