Golson Fumble preventing adjustment

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Great point! He did this on the last drive. I was surprised there wasn't more discussion about it.

very happy that golson wasn't taking contact on his running plays, great job of getting down and avoiding a possible turnover.

on the final drive he scrambled up the middle and dove done at the 8 yardline before any contact came. I had no problem with him doing that, last thing I would've wanted was the game end on a qb fumble. not sure how many more yards he would've gotten had he not dived, their were about 3 FSU players there not sure he would've gotten much more.

very happy that golson wasn't taking contact on his running plays, great job of getting down and avoiding a possible turnover.

on the final drive he scrambled up the middle and dove done at the 8 yardline before any contact came. I had no problem with him doing that, last thing I would've wanted was the game end on a qb fumble. not sure how many more yards he would've gotten had he not dived, their were about 3 FSU players there not sure he would've gotten much more.

Saw that too...I think he could have gotten possibly 3 more yards...Golson is VERY agile, but fairly easy to bring down....If he was huge like Kizer, I think he could have bulldozed his way into the end zone

On that scramble to the 7 by Golson, he might have had the chance at the end zone or getting inside the 5 had he turned up field where CJ and Fuller were. Both turned to look at the defenders for a block when Golson keeps heading straight. If he heads to the sideline at the top of the viewers screen, there were 2 ND players and 2 FSU players.

On that scramble to the 7 by Golson, he might have had the chance at the end zone or getting inside the 5 had he turned up field where CJ and Fuller were. Both turned to look at the defenders for a block when Golson keeps heading straight. If he heads to the sideline at the top of the viewers screen, there were 2 ND players and 2 FSU players.

For a quick guy with an innate sense of feeling those around him (most of the time), he sure looks like he's overthinking when he's running out in space and there's too much green in front of him lol

For a quick guy with an innate sense of feeling those around him (most of the time), he sure looks like he's overthinking when he's running out in space and there's too much green in front of him lol

I think that is likely a result of Kelly telling him something along the lines of "We do not need you to score a touchdown, just get positive yards and get down and DO NOT risk fumbling".

Just be thankful QBs can't fair catch.... :-)

Was disappointed he didn't get a few more yards at the end. Though, the next play pissed me off even more. No idea why Kelly just didn't run Folston up the middle, then take a timeout. Or throw in the end zone. The last play should of happened earlier.

on 2nd and goal at the end of the game was it chris brown who dropped a slant pass in the endzone. the ball looked to hit him right in the numbers, perhaps it had to much zip on it to catch it.

Great point! He did this on the last drive. I was surprised there wasn't more discussion about it.

Plant the left foot and bounce it to the right...TD I would assume. But I'm thankful he's diving finally. That play he could've easily scored with his athleticism but it is what it is. He played great and he's one of the reason's why we're in the position we were in. He does dive violently though....I'm worried he's going to crack a rib or something.

On a similar note.........not that it matters a whole hell of a lot.........should that final INT be stricken? It's just a stat thing, but the defender was clearly out of bounds and came back in to catch the ball.

EG took care of the ball and I'm happy he did. I think that game was a turning point for him in ball security.