Who else has altered their expectations?

I admit I was wrong about this team. I thought we'd lose 2-4 games based on defensive weaknesses, but Kelly and his staff have done a great job in development and Van Gorder is doing a great job as DC. I also miscalculated Golson's leadership. This team believes they can beat anybody with EG.

I now expect us to go 11-1 and contend for the National Title in the 4-team playoff. Anybody else?

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

This team is too good to have a slip up, our only tests are Louisville, USC, ASU and I know we're alot better than those teams. That was the last game I'll have to miss this year but was crushed when I got the text they didn't get the 4th down play. After watching the highlights we got screwed no doubt.

Anyways 11-1 will get us in I'm sure of it, we'll have a top 4 resume and the chance of a rematch with FSU will be too hard to pass up for the committee. We're good enough but ratings and everything matter which is a huge plus for Notre Dame.

^ Agreed, I thought our pass coverage was worse than usual last night for some reason. Most of the WRs were pretty open when they caught the ball. However, no one has been able to run on this defense. I wonder how well that will hold when they play Navy...

^ Agreed, I thought our pass coverage was worse than usual last night for some reason. Most of the WRs were pretty open when they caught the ball. However, no one has been able to run on this defense. I wonder how well that will hold when they play Navy...

I thought this was due to the fact we blitzed too often, I would have liked to see VanGorder switch it up just a little more. Especially since our d-line was getting penetration when we made Winston hold the ball a few seconds.

Agreed. Never felt like we were the best team in the country during 2012. I feel like we are now. We're where we want to be.

Can't believe the secondary has struggled so much, but without a pass rusher that can get home and finish, they're getting exposed.

I give the credit to the moron for fsu. He was flustered and then his whole demeanor changed and he stepped up.

I thought this was due to the fact we blitzed too often, I would have liked to see VanGorder switch it up just a little more. Especially since our d-line was getting penetration when we made Winston hold the ball a few seconds.

Once FSU started picking up the blitzes better BVG should have adjusted but he didn't. We did blitz a tad too much.

I will admit that I have adjusted my expectations. They have brought this team together pretty well, especially the D. I will say, my boys told me they thought my expectation of 4 losses was crazy because I have always pumped up Golson as a college QB. This team definitely goes as far as he can take them.

Once FSU started picking up the blitzes better BVG should have adjusted but he didn't. We did blitz a tad too much.

I will say, I am not a huge fan of Jaylon blitzing all the time. I would rather see his athleticism dropping back and picking someone up.

They actually had that Crab Stealer in their grasp several times but he is a slippery son of a gun and they could not finish the job. If they had, F$U would have only scored 17. Our blitz package is as sophisticated as any NFL team.

I will say, Lousville is good. They are an athletic team with a lot of potential. If they come into South Bend healthy, they will be a very tough match up. It wouldn't surprise me if they knocked the criminoles off next Thursday either. Also, arizona st. looks pretty good and a trip to usc is never easy. So let's not get too ahead of ourselves quite yet....As any coach says, one week at a time....and it is very true.

They actually had that Crab Stealer in their grasp several times but he is a slippery son of a gun and they could not finish the job. If they had, F$U would have only scored 17. Our blitz package is as sophisticated as any NFL team.

Agreed. But there were definitely points in that game where Winston started picking us apart in the middle of the field before the blitz got to him. I understand that happens when teams blitz, but it seemed to happen a little too much in the middle of the game.