11-1 and we are a lock

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Not a lock at 11-1. Lot's of people will be making a case for 10-2 SEC teams going ahead of us. Count on it. The only thing we would have going for us is the number of eyeballs we would bring to the playoffs. Of course that isn't a factor, right?

That includes 11-2 SEC teams especially.

Edited by PursuitAce

Case in point for us being "out": I'm watching ASU vs Stanford and Rod Gilmore said ND is out with the loss to FSU. WHAT THE ****?!? It's pretty clear that ND will have to run the table to 12-0 to be considered by the masses. Total bias.

we will soon see how the CFP selection committee thinks... sending 2 SEC teams makes no sense. Why have an SEC Championship if you're going to send 2?

After today...

1. Miss State (assuming they win the SEC championship)

2. FSU

3. ND

4. OSU or Michighan State

if ND finishes 11 and 1 and misses the playoff I'm going to be pissed about this game tonight. but I do think ND needs help from other 1 loss teams to lose before the end of the season in order for ND to get into the playoff. I hope voters can realize this was a close loss against the best team in the country and rank ND accordingly.

Case in point for us being "out": I'm watching ASU vs Stanford and Rod Gilmore said ND is out with the loss to FSU. WHAT THE ****?!? It's pretty clear that ND will have to run the table to 12-0 to be considered by the masses. Total bias.

No no no no....he was only saying they're out to him for now, and went on to say if they finish w/one loss that they will be right there in the discussion, in his mind even in front of a hypothetical one loss Ole Miss team. Remember, this crap is a fluid situation and will change every week like we change our underwear.

Edited by NDNorm

if ND finishes 11 and 1 and misses the playoff I'm going to be pissed about this game tonight. but I do think ND needs help from other 1 loss teams to lose before the end of the season in order for ND to get into the playoff. I hope voters can realize this was a close loss against the best team in the country and rank ND accordingly.

The only thing I don't like is how people are getting pretty giddy on teams like Oregon, MSU and now Bama after tonite's beatdown. Could be a crowded 1-loss field, but if FSU rolls on unbeaten, I'd say we've GOT to squeeze someone out and get in. It could certainly be argued that we had the "best" loss.

No no no no....he was only saying they're out to him for now, and went on to say if they finish w/one loss that they will be right there in the discussion, in his mind even in front of a hypothetical one loss Ole Miss team. Remember, this crap is a fluid situation and will change every week like we change our underwear.

1. I don't wear underwear. Going commando is liberating. That will mess up your sleep pattern.

2. I think an 11-1 ND is a lock, but I am also aware of the polarizing effect of Notre Dame. The media either loves or hates ND. Not being a conference definitely solidifies that effect.

3. I disagree with the changing landscape comment. Problem is, the love affair with the SEC. I want to you to rewatch the game and see the very subtle comments made by the announcers praising the SEC. Reese Davis said "a couple big wins in the SEC" and Herbstreit said "Georgia is playing with a chip on their shoulder without Gurley" By the way this is a Georgia team who lost to South Carolina. Brilliant commentating working the SEC's dominance into an ACC and independent game.

I predict FSU falls to either Louisville or BC.

There you go.

I believe we should be in at 11-1. However it is not a lock by a long shot. Here's how I see it:

1. FSU is in for sure as their schedule is weak the rest of the way and they won't lose.

2. SEC champ is in. The committee isn't going to have a playoff without the SEC champ.

3. If Oregon wins out and is the PAC-12 champ they are in.

4. Then it comes down to a handful of teams including ND, MSU, possible SEC 1 loss teams.

I think our strength of sched would get us in but you never know. Stranger things have happened.

IF FSU wins out .....then an 11-1 ND team would be a 100% ABSOUTE LOCK----but if FSU loses 1 game our chances fall to more like 60% with the DISGUSTING POSSIBILITY THAT AN 11-1 FSU team takes our spot....

This puts us in the HORRIBLE situation of rooting for those asses as long as we win to...

WEIRD FEELINGS ABOUT ALL THIS

aloha's