FSU Post-Game Thoughts

As much as this hurt to watch unfold, I was expecting to lose to FSU this year. I just didn't expect to lose the lead to do so. I will think of that BS penalty in the same way I think of the phantom block in the back during Rocket's return against Colorado in the 1991 Orange Bowl.

On the positive side, this makes it pretty clear our program is going in the right direction. We came within an extremely questionable penalty of beating the reigning national champs in their house. Our program is on the rise, and we've got a lot to look forward to, particularly if we win out.

Think the media might like the prospect of a rematch on a neutral field?

It seemed like FSU did much better halftime adjustments, particularly early in the 3rd quarter. By the time we adjusted to their adjustments, they were back in the game. Frustrating.

And when Corey caught the TD at the end of the game, I had my BVG fist pump ready...........

Argh. Go Irish.

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

We are good. Especially against the run. Sheldon Day made some money tonight.

Jameis is very good and a nightmare to defend as he can throw off his back foot as well as his front.

Everett was outstanding. A cap tip to you young man for your ball control.

The refs stole the game. A bad call as he was walking in for the TD.

It is not over. We can still be a top 4 team and play for the NC.

The Irish can run the ball, and run it well. Good game by Folston.

Good game by Golson. It was nice to see him go down on his runs when he should have.

The run D was great.

Jones is a beast. He was unstoppable in the first half.

Sheldon Day is disruptive.

Schmidt is a player. He really has surprised me this year.

This team has totally surprised me. It's a great group and the arrow is definitely pointing up!

Heartbreaking loss... we had our chances.

Overall, i thought the refereeing was good. The game did not get out of control, and the refs let the players play. I thought the last call on Procise was inconsistent with the way they called the majority of the game, especially since the penalty was so borderline. So, I will feel the and the game was stolen, but we had our chances.

Golson threw some bullets to Procise at the end, and if Procise could have held on, we would not have been pushed to 4th & Goal with 17seconds left.

Grudging credit to FSU, their halftime adjustments were more effective. Jameis was money through that quarter; he kept is poise and exploited the narrow gap given.

Positives:

1. BK playcalling.... I think the 4th down call in the first half was aggressive, but ND had been able to move the ball. Golson pitched too early, and didn't try to take Ramsey(?) out of stride... imperfect execution + plus tremendous effort resulted in 3 inches too short.

2. Run D / D in General - great push, and they gave ND a chance to win with the last drive. We owned our own destiny. Sheldon Day.. Jarron Jones... solid solid performances

3. Folston - a running game!

4. Crob

5. Brindza - money FGs and great Punt Special Teams.

6. Golson - Solid performance, and was able to shake off some bad decisions with a big play the next time.

Growing Pains:

1. Dumb penalties / mental mistakes later in the game. Some penalties kept the momentum for FSU.

Just RUN the TABLE Boys... ND will make playoff if they run the table and scorch USC.

I think some of the "flags" were one sided and feel we won that game. Horrible call against a player not even engaged in the play. We played tough despite some shaky plays, but we got boned and Kelly knew it by arguing after the call. Wondering if the Reffs got any autographs from Jameis before the game got their "officiating". F'ng horrible

Heartbreaking loss... we had our chances.

Overall, i thought the refereeing was good. The game did not get out of control, and the refs let the players play. I thought the last call on Procise was inconsistent with the way they called the majority of the game, especially since the penalty was so borderline. So, I will feel the and the game was stolen, but we had our chances.

Golson threw some bullets to Procise at the end, and if Procise could have held on, we would not have been pushed to 4th & Goal with 17seconds left.

Grudging credit to FSU, their halftime adjustments were more effective. Jameis was money through that quarter; he kept is poise and exploited the narrow gap given.

Positives:

1. BK playcalling.... I think the 4th down call in the first half was aggressive, but ND had been able to move the ball. Golson pitched too early, and didn't try to take Ramsey(?) out of stride... imperfect execution + plus tremendous effort resulted in 3 inches too short.

2. Run D / D in General - great push, and they gave ND a chance to win with the last drive. We owned our own destiny. Sheldon Day.. Jarron Jones... solid solid performances

3. Folston - a running game!

4. Crob

5. Brindza - money FGs and great Punt Special Teams.

6. Golson - Solid performance, and was able to shake off some bad decisions with a big play the next time.

Growing Pains:

1. Dumb penalties / mental mistakes later in the game. Some penalties kept the momentum for FSU.

Just RUN the TABLE Boys... ND will make playoff if they run the table and scorch USC.

This was actually driving me crazy. First and goal at the end of the game and Procise becomes the go to guy......I was head scratching....

I saw this from a tweet from II:

"Brian Kelly with no comment on the call other than saying it is Prosise ran the play as coached to run it."

I like that. Coach stepping up to preclude any attacks at his player.

Yes, and plainly impying that the refs jobbed them out of the game - insofar as he wasn't saying Prosise is coached to commit a penalty. Thieving bastards. And guys on here saying it was a great call - freakin' FSU DBs calling out each other, not even looking for a penalty. I'm sorry, I just don't get - if an ND fan saying that BS call was legit is being rationale, or a realist - count me out.

Moving past the penalty...

It was a phenomenal effort from EVERYONE.

Great playcalling.

Great defensive effort.

Offensive line was SHOCKINGLY good.

Dbs were kinda weak but finished strong.

Really proud of these guys.

Good post.. Such a sad way to end a game. Brutal