I just don't see it

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I think you are right for ND plays against FSU the way it did against NC or Syracuse we are in real trouble but I don't think you are going to see that team on Saturday. I see a more effective offensive line and cleaned up QB play and a win to take home for the good guys.

I'm not going to act like we have been playing well but FSU hasn't been impressive at all this year either. In fact id say both teams have had very similar seasons. FSU is not some unstoppable force they are very beatable and the only two teams they've played that are decent, they only squeaked by. As the week goes on I feel better and better about our chances.

With the way we have been playing I don't see a win on the doc kit. It's hard to say but, I just don't see us being In the same league as FSU. Hopefully we can keep it close. They just look physically better than us.

I would generally agree but feel that ND gets up for this game big. And secondly, I think a lot of people are buying into the FSU hype. They barely beat an OSU team that even people here in Oklahoma know to be awful and predict to be about 7-5. And then wins against the Citidel, NCS, Clemson, WF and Syracuse. Not exactly all that impressive (although ND's schedule hasn't been great) but I don't think anyone is calling ND great like they are FSU.

I think FSU is VERY beatable and we are the team ripe to do it.

We are going to see the best of Everett Golson and the best of the BVG defense in the same game Saturday...FSU has been ripe to fall twice already this year and the distractions surrounding their piece of Samsonite QB is going to take a toll as well.

ND wins. As the week goes on, I am not feeling dread, more like a multiple score ND spread...

We are going to see the best of Everett Golson and the best of the BVG defense in the same game Saturday...FSU has been ripe to fall twice already this year and the distractions surrounding their piece of Samsonite QB is going to take a toll as well.

ND wins. As the week goes on, I am not feeling dread, more like a multiple score ND spread...

I'm just hoping this whole Jameis thing doesn't galvanize FSU..

With the way we have been playing I don't see a win on the doc kit. It's hard to say but, I just don't see us being In the same league as FSU. Hopefully we can keep it close. They just look physically better than us.

Physically better than us? Based upon what? Rosters? Visually? I'm just curious because I think we look pretty good physically, probably better than we have in years. Now if you're talking about how we've played lately, then I could buy that argument. We haven't exactly played up to our potential the past couple of games. However, I have a feeling we were not showing our hands on either side of the ball, in those games. I look for us to come out guns blazing this week.

Agreed, it really comes down to turnovers. If Golson can protect the ball, I think we win. FSU is not better than us in my opinion, we just cannot beat ourselves. You cannot give FSU 14 points and expect to win. If we have at most, 1 turnover, it will be a good game and I think ND comes out on top.

My opinion is FSU has looked mediocre because they are the champs and it's hard for champs to get up for games the following year until they have to. My fear is they will wake up for this game and may be a sleeping giant. They have just been going through the motions. They beat Clemson without Winston. Yeah clemson isn't as good as last year but not a pushover. Didn't they beat Okie State also. They will probably rise up soon, hope it's after a loss to us though. You see it with Seattle right now. They just don't look great like last year. They will when it's time.

I'm not overly optimistic. I feel like FSU being knocked down to #2 will certainly motivate them. I'm worried they come out with a chip on their shoulder. I think our defense will hold up, as long as we don't get down too much and have to get more risky/aggressive. The key will be Golson which means the O-line play will be important. If Golson plays one of his better games with 0 turnovers, we have a good chance.

All being said, we are playing with house money in this game. I'm excited to see a good game but not to anxious about a win or loss. FSU has a lot more to lose than we do.