Buffalo fires Jeff Quinn

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Don't think so.

I thought Kelly was about to bring him to ND then the Buffalo HC job came up. For those saying "get this guy", who do you get rid of?

LaFleur seems to be doing very well, coaching and recruiting.

Denbrock - a Kelly loyalist and in good standing. Doubt he's going anywhere.

There is a limit to the number of coaches you can have.

Fine if they bring in Quinn, but not sure I want to see any of the current guys leave.

And demote Denbrock to OLine asst O-Coordinator and Jeff Quinn to OC. Boom. All is better along offensive front next year.

Why should Denbrock be demoted? Cause he was away to have cancer surgery? He is a good coach and if anything, if Quinn is hired, they should be co-offensive coordinators.

And demote Denbrock to OLine asst O-Coordinator and Jeff Quinn to OC. Boom. All is better along offensive front next year.

So you're firing Hiestand? Or is he getting re-assigned to? There's a limit to number of coaches on staff, so someone would have to move on. I assume Kelly would love to have Quinn on staff, as Quinn is one of the few guys Kelly's ever trusted to truly call plays offensively for him. I think we just have to wait until season's end to see what the coaching staff turnover is (there's always some turnover, it's merely part of a healthy staff), and seeing if Quinn could fit into that, somehow.

Alabama would hire him as part of their shadow staff. Not officially on the staff but paid to scout each and every team on the schedule and spend each week devising the game plan. This leaves you much more time to work on fundamentals and the basics. Also, there is no limit to how many you can have.

Why should Denbrock be demoted? Cause he was away to have cancer surgery? He is a good coach and if anything, if Quinn is hired, they should be co-offensive coordinators.

Let's face it. We promoted Denbrock because we couldn't get anyone else knowing that BK would be running the offense and calling plays. We couldn't get a dedicated OC similar to Lane Kiffin's setup at Bama. I'm not knocking the guy for his illness. God Bless him. I wish him all the best in his recovery and I know that we wouldn't slam the door on a guy like this who BK trusts. I just feel that Quinn was a big part of BK's success at Cincinatti which was very impressive.

So you're firing Hiestand? Or is he getting re-assigned to? There's a limit to number of coaches on staff, so someone would have to move on. I assume Kelly would love to have Quinn on staff, as Quinn is one of the few guys Kelly's ever trusted to truly call plays offensively for him. I think we just have to wait until season's end to see what the coaching staff turnover is (there's always some turnover, it's merely part of a healthy staff), and seeing if Quinn could fit into that, somehow.

Yeah. I've been on the fire Hiestand bandwagon since day 1 of his career here. He's been run out of every one of his stops, and our run game went to absolute dogshit ever since he got here. You can look up stats to tell me we only decreased 5% or so during his first year but it was much worse than the telling stats which include garbage yards. We haven't been able to run the ball since we switched to a zone running offense.

This is his third year I believe and we should definitely see better production when you take into the fact he(Hiestand) is an excellent recruiter of offensive talent. We've rolled in some big time O Line recruits and we are still struggling to find an identity.

My ultimate proposal is to bring in Quinn and fire Hiestand. We can find a good fit for Denbrock.. I don't really care too much where he ends up so long as he can find a happy median between coaching and learning to become a good Offensive coordinator and taking care of his health in the short term... Whether it's titling him co-OC or Assistant HC, or a position is beyond me...

Let's face it. We promoted Denbrock because we couldn't get anyone else knowing that BK would be running the offense and calling plays. We couldn't get a dedicated OC similar to Lane Kiffin's setup at Bama. I'm not knocking the guy for his illness. God Bless him. I wish him all the best in his recovery and I know that we wouldn't slam the door on a guy like this who BK trusts. I just feel that Quinn was a big part of BK's success at Cincinatti which was very impressive.

Yeah. I've been on the fire Hiestand bandwagon since day 1 of his career here. He's been run out of every one of his stops, and our run game went to absolute dogshit ever since he got here. You can look up stats to tell me we only decreased 5% or so during his first year but it was much worse than the telling stats which include garbage yards. We haven't been able to run the ball since we switched to a zone running offense.

This is his third year I believe and we should definitely see better production when you take into the fact he(Hiestand) is an excellent recruiter of offensive talent. We've rolled in some big time O Line recruits and we are still struggling to find an identity.

My ultimate proposal is to bring in Quinn and fire Hiestand. We can find a good fit for Denbrock.. I don't really care too much where he ends up so long as he can find a happy median between coaching and learning to become a good Offensive coordinator and taking care of his health in the short term... Whether it's titling him co-OC or Assistant HC, or a position is beyond me...

Wasn't Hiestand key during the 2012 season where we averaged 200 yds rushing during the regular season? Brian Kelly said himself that he doesn't know where this talk is coming from where everyone outside the team thinks the OLine stinks

Wasn't Hiestand key during the 2012 season where we averaged 200 yds rushing during the regular season? Brian Kelly said himself that he doesn't know where this talk is coming from where everyone outside the team thinks the OLine stinks

Holy **** I'd love to sit down with coach over a beer and discuss this. We ran the ball at will in 2011. While the stats might be better in 2012, we never were able to impose our will on teams running the ball. We got a lot of our runs on the outside or with gadget type of plays. In 2011 we pounded it with Cierre behind pulling guards and center. It was here it is, try and stop it boys. 2012 was a lot different in my memory..

I remember countless times on 3rd and 6,7,8 we'd run it up the middle and convert.

I'm not crying to adopt a Harbaugh type running attack, but we haven't been effective in keeping defenses honest which affect the pass game considerably when they don't honor the run.

http://www.sports-reference.com/cfb/schools/notre-dame/2011/gamelog/

Link for stats broken down by season and by game..

Edited by JTennant

Holy **** I'd love to sit down with coach over a beer and discuss this. We ran the ball at will in 2011. While the stats might be better in 2012, we never were able to impose our will on teams running the ball. We got a lot of our runs on the outside or with gadget type of plays. In 2011 we pounded it with Cierre behind pulling guards and center. It was here it is, try and stop it boys. 2012 was a lot different in my memory..

I remember countless times on 3rd and 6,7,8 we'd run it up the middle and convert.

I'm not crying to adopt a Harbaugh type running attack, but we haven't been effective in keeping defenses honest which affect the pass game considerably when they don't honor the run.

2011's the positive year? The one where we could run on awful teams, but pulled in less than 3 yards per rush against USC, Stanford, and Florida State? I'm not remembering much of "imposing our will" running the ball in 2011, and these stats aren't exactly helping me "mis-remember" them either.

In 2011 we ran on bad to average teams but look at the rushing totals against USC, Stanford, & FSU. ND got shut dwown against good teams.

In 2012 ND imposed their will against Miami, Stanford, Pitt, Oklahoma, USC. Look at the number of attempts compared to 2011. ND rushing game finally got shut down against Bama. Partly because they got behind early but mostly because Bama D was that good.