Will Negative Nancy please go Home?

Look guys.

6-0. 6-0 6-0 and yet I see a Malik Ziare Thread, I see a "Winning is not enough" mantra.

Here's how I look at it.

Our offense broke out against North Carolina

Our defense showed itself versus Stanford

ND dominated Michigan, na na na, hey hey hey good bye

opened up a new turf field UNDEFEATED

Oh by the way our best Corner and Receiver haven't suited up.

Yet none of is enough? I challenge you guys to find Joy in this Season. Gosh I have skunking Michigan, Koyack in the Corner, seeing Kelly playcalling like a BOSS..

I sense a wait to be victimized Mentality and that's not a way to live life.

I got to go right now and train some people on how to Believe in others and be positive.

Lets Cast Negative Nancy from this room. She's unwelcome and on my nerves...

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Faith...I think it's just one if the most passionate fan bases over-reacting, like we all do sometimes. You're right about all the things we should be relishing in thus far, but a lot of us are seeing how many things we can get better at, to take this team from good to great. Love your optimism!

My challenge is to find anybody that felt we were a national championship competitive team a week before rice. If you weren't in that camp, why suddenly get critical of the team for failing to perform at that level, yet.

We are 6-0 and, if golson doesn't read these threads and somehow decides to return next year, we will be LOADED next year. I want us to go as far as possible this year but I'm not going to forget that I personally had us with at least one loss at this point in the season. I expected a flawed team and I'm getting what I expected. I'm just also getting a lot of wins in the process.

Faith...I think it's just one if the most passionate fan bases over-reacting, like we all do sometimes. You're right about all the things we should be relishing in thus far, but a lot of us are seeing how many things we can get better at, to take this team from good to great. Love your optimism!

Florida st state gave up 41 to NC State, and 31 to Oklahoma State. Yet I'm sure there fans are still cocky happy and ready to tailgate.

Parity is a Huge Story this year. No great team. Lots of good teams

Name me a program and I will find you a weakness.

Florida st state gave up 41 to NC State, and 31 to Oklahoma State. Yet I'm sure there fans are still cocky happy and ready to tailgate.

Parity is a Huge Story this year. No great team. Lots of good teams

Name me a program and I will find you a weakness.

Really, I hear ya, and don't disagree. Like I said, it's just what we do....over-analyze....even when our team is sitting at 6-0.

Really, I hear ya, and don't disagree. Like I said, it's just what we do....over-analyze....even when our team is sitting at 6-0.

Others is a difference between overanalyzing how the OLine can play better and suggesting Golson should potentially be benched for a QB who has never played a meaningful down of college football.

Funny thing...As I was watching the game on Saturday, I started to get a little frustrated and my 11 year old says, "Dad, relax. They are going to win this game. Besides, aren't you the one who said they were going to lose 4 games this year."

So, ya, I agree with you. Let's enjoy the ride and see what this team can do.

Obviously this team still has a ways to go though and honestly, I still won't be surprised if they lose 4 games this year. FSU, Louisville, Arizona St. and USC all have the potential to beat the Irish. But at the same time, ND can obviously win out if things go their way, and I would have never guessed that with the frozen five out for the year. Either way, they have riased the bar for me and that's a good thing!

As a fan, no matter your expectations going into a season you always get mad when your team loses. Unless you expect a 12-0 team, if the team meets your expectations of 8-4 or 9-3 you are upset if they do that. That's just the way fans are, and should be tbh. No fun in watching if you never get upset imo. With that said, I think we can all agree coming into this season, we expected next year's team to be much better. If this team goes 10-2 or better that is probably more wins than most of us thought. These next few years should be really fun to watch. ND football is back, baby!

ND is 6-0 and I love it, it's finally nice to have the mediocre days behind us. but 6-0, 10-0 or 12-0 you can always do better, I've never been one to say that something is good enough (always strive to be better).

however the defense is far and away better than I would have thought. BVG has made this a better defense than last year and that was with players like tuitt, nix, shembo and fox. not to mention all the freshman that seem to be thriving in the new BVG defense, tons to be excited for in the future. on special teams its nice to see us returning punts and putting our best athletes on the field to put the special in special teams. on offense im still disappointed in our OL (but perhaps losing martin and watt was that big a deal) pass protection has been good and then spotty at times the run game maybe getting better with a natural runner in folston but i'll wait and see. golson has been awesome throwing the ball and leading this team but needs to protect the ball better. very happy to be 6-0 even if it doesn't always seem like it.

I think it really comes down to this:

Kelly has made people really CARE about ND football again. We see the recruits wanting to go to ND again, we see ND beating teams they are supposed to, we see all of the potential. In the 13 years before Kelly all of that had dried up and gone away. Sure, we fans still wanted ND to win, but now we see and feel how close ND football is to greatness. It's all because of Kelly and Swarbrick. Nancy, knock it if you must. I think it's because you care so much. Thank you Brian Kelly. Thank you Jack Swarbrick.

As a fan, no matter your expectations going into a season you always get mad when your team loses. Unless you expect a 12-0 team, if the team meets your expectations of 8-4 or 9-3 you are upset if they do that. That's just the way fans are, and should be tbh. No fun in watching if you never get upset imo. With that said, I think we can all agree coming into this season, we expected next year's team to be much better. If this team goes 10-2 or better that is probably more wins than most of us thought. These next few years should be really fun to watch. ND football is back, baby!

Fair enough - but I think what's getting on Faith's wick - and mine - is fans getting mad when the team wins....;)

I think it really comes down to this:

Kelly has made people really CARE about ND football again. We see the recruits wanting to go to ND again, we see ND beating teams they are supposed to, we see all of the potential. In the 13 years before Kelly all of that had dried up and gone away. Sure, we fans still wanted ND to win, but now we see and feel how close ND football is to greatness. It's all because of Kelly and Swarbrick. Nancy, knock it if you must. I think it's because you care so much. Thank you Brian Kelly. Thank you Jack Swarbrick.

I think it prob matters what generation you're in too. I was in my 20's when Lou was there with his multi-year run of us legitimately knowing we had a shot to be right there at the end. Guys like me are longing for a run when we look at ourselves and other people look at us the way they look at Bama right now, and Kelly has gotten us so close we can taste it. And we want to give a big eff you to all the experts out there that say we can't get back to that. So we tend to scrutinize every little thing that isn't quite right that can get us there.

Look guys.

6-0. 6-0 6-0 and yet I see a Malik Ziare Thread, I see a "Winning is not enough" mantra.

Here's how I look at it.

Our offense broke out against North Carolina

Our defense showed itself versus Stanford

ND dominated Michigan, na na na, hey hey hey good bye

opened up a new turf field UNDEFEATED

Oh by the way our best Corner and Receiver haven't suited up.

Yet none of is enough? I challenge you guys to find Joy in this Season. Gosh I have skunking Michigan, Koyack in the Corner, seeing Kelly playcalling like a BOSS..

I sense a wait to be victimized Mentality and that's not a way to live life.

I got to go right now and train some people on how to Believe in others and be positive.

Lets Cast Negative Nancy from this room. She's unwelcome and on my nerves...

Hip, hip hooray! I am with you 110%!!

And c'mon, let's face it, it comes down to the very nature of people who come to these boards. There are a ish-load of Irish fans out there who love the Irish but don't feel the need to come to some board and break down minute details of the games.

A lot of us here think like coaches, who we all know are NEVER satisfied. Some take it higher degrees than other for sure. :-)

Edited by NDNorm