Malik Zaire?

imo golson has been outstanding this year when he's not fumbling the ball away to the other team. but if golson continues to turn the ball over at the rate he is when do you cut your losses and insert Malik Zaire into the game. ND spots Stanford a 7-0 lead because of a golson fumble, then spots unc a 14-0 lead do to more turnovers.

golson has been wonderful passing the ball but I wonder how much the coaching staff has talked about putting zaire in if golson continues to put the team in tough spots due to turnovers. not sure how many more times ND can hand points to the other team before it becomes to much to overcome.

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I just can't comprehend how easily he is fumbling. The few he's had where he's falling forward and barely gets hit, the ball just pops out. It's crazy.

How hard is it to slide or cover up with both arms when you know you're about to get hit? I'd understand a blindside hit or a defender coming around as you go to release it, those happen.

But, this whole ball squirting out thing as he's knowingly getting tackled drives me freakin' bonkers, especially when he's protected.

imo golson has been outstanding this year when he's not fumbling the ball away to the other team. but if golson continues to turn the ball over at the rate he is when do you cut your losses and insert Malik Zaire into the game. ND spots Stanford a 7-0 lead because of a golson fumble, then spots unc a 14-0 lead do to more turnovers.

golson has been wonderful passing the ball but I wonder how much the coaching staff has talked about putting zaire in if golson continues to put the team in tough spots due to turnovers. not sure how many more times ND can hand points to the other team before it becomes to much to overcome.

April fools?

Golson is the reason we are 6-0

Without him we are probably 2-4

Malik is going to be great but he is not ready...

I agree that golson is the reason were 6-0 but he's also the reason we're were almost 4-2. perhaps malik doesn't challenge golson this year but if golson can't protect the football then perhaps BK opens up the qb completion next spring.

this is why i have such a dedicated response in the other golson threads. people start getting upset about a bad aspect a player's play and allow themselves to start asking ridiculous questions.

You will be singing a different tune IF because of an EG turnover FSU wins the game.

I agree that golson is the reason were 6-0 but he's also the reason we're were almost 4-2. perhaps malik doesn't challenge golson this year but if golson can't protect the football then perhaps BK opens up the qb completion next spring.

Almost. Almost. Almost. Almost. Almost.

Malik shouldn't (and isn't) even be a consideration right now.

Just look at Michigan when they benched Gardner for Morris. Yikes! Morris had no business being out there. Just not ready. Yet all sorts of people, including the coaches, thought he was.

There's so much more that goes into being a starting QB, than just speed or a strong arm.