Should we lose Saturday Stanford becomes Key

We may well lose the game Saturday but if we do I don't want you guys giving up on a National Title this year.

Take a strong look at Stanford. I think they have a great chance to run the table the rest of the way and move up the food chain. I see problems at Oregon and UCLA against the Stanford defense. Not sure where they are in the poll just yet but I'm going to guess about 21. Should they move up to #5 by the end of the season and we only have one loss I think we are in. Say Florida State stays unbeaten and we only have one loss, I think we would have to be rated ahead of Stanford.

They will have two losses and we only one loss. We will have beaten them in head to head. I say GO TREES.

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If we lose Saturday it will be the END OF CIVILIZATION AS WE KNOW IT!!!

aloha's

You know it could happen Hawaii. But here is what I see as possible even if we lose. We climb back into the top four with Stanfords' help and then we beat FSU on the second go round and pay them back for 1993.

FSU is ranked #2

ASU is ranked #17

U$C is ranked #22

Stanford is ranked #23

Louisville is unranked, but getting votes

FSU's remaining schedule: Notre Dame (?), Louisville (W), Virginia (W), Miami (W), BC (W), Florida (W). Likely record: 12-0

ASU's remaining schedule: Stanford (50/50), Washington (W), Utah (50/50), Notre Dame (?), Oregon State (W), WSU (W), Arizona (50/50) -- Likely record: 8-4

U$C's remaining schedule: Colorado (W), Utah (W), WSU (W), Cal (W), UCLA (50/50), Notre Dame (?) -- Likely record: 8-4

Stanford's remaining schedule: ASU (50/50), Oregon State (W), Oregon (50/50), Utah (W), Cal (W), UCLA (50/50) -- Likely record: 9-3

Louisville's remaining schedule: NC State (W), FSU (L), BC (W), Notre Dame (?), Kentucky (W) -- Likely record: 8-4

Edited by NDhoosier

FSU is ranked #2

ASU is ranked #17

U$C is ranked #22

Stanford is ranked #23

Louisville is unranked, but getting votes

FSU's remaining schedule: Notre Dame (?), Louisville (W), Virginia (W), Miami (W), BC (W), Florida (W). Likely record: 12-0

ASU's remaining schedule: Stanford (50/50), Washington (W), Utah (50/50), Notre Dame (?), Oregon State (W), WSU (W), Arizona (50/50) -- Likely record: 8-4

U$C's remaining schedule: Colorado (W), Utah (W), WSU (W), Cal (W), UCLA (50/50), Notre Dame (?) -- Likely record: 8-4

Stanford's remaining schedule: ASU (50/50), Oregon State (W), Oregon (50/50), Utah (W), Cal (W), UCLA (50/50) -- Likely record: 9-3

Louisville's remaining schedule: NC State (W), FSU (L), BC (W), Notre Dame (?), Kentucky (W) -- Likely record: 8-4

When I see Stanford's schedule I am thinking 10-2. I see their offense improving especially in the red zone. I see serious problems for UCLA and Oregon with their offensive lines. That nose guard is going to eat them alive.

I can't see us dropping far in the standings if ND does indeed lose. Miss St beat Auburn by 15 pts and Auburn only drops 4 spots in the AP and 6 spots in the Coaches.

You would think, but they give Auburn much more credit than they do us. They are SEC and one of the favorites. They should have lost to Kansas State and I think we are better than they are, but we are not perceived that way. Usually the poll takes care of itself, but what will the committee do. Somehow I think we might get screwed.

If ND loses Saturday, they still have a chance to get in the 4 team playoff. This is a wild year, and I wouldn't be surprised if NO team is undefeated when all is said and done prior to the playoff. Let's just win Saturday night and not worry about it. Oline MUST give Golson time to throw the ball Saturday, or it's going to be nearly impossible. BVG will have the boys ready for Winston and Co.

Go Irish!!!

LOL, we lose Saturday and we will fall fast and hard...

^^^^^^^This^^^^^^That is just the way it is. But this year seems like there will be a lot of two loss teams. It's already starting to happen. Everybody thought Texas A&M was a super team and they already have two losses. Bama almost took their second loss. So much parity. Boy, those Mississippi schools look good though.

I like to watch any team ranked ahead of us if they have a chance to lose. Makes for a fun season. Best in a long long time.