soccer tryouts

Guest gallup21

Guest gallup21

guys, just wanted to say i wont be here thursday morning at 7:30 AM because ill be at the HS soccer tryouts where ive heard you dont see a ball all day, and all it is is conditioning (sounds fun right?) :? also, school (frosh year) starts August 30th, that made me curious (like all things do) about when other peoples school start and if theyre trying out for sports and what those tryouts are like? (i think ryan, and champ are the only people around my age on the board, but hopefully there are others)

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest gallup21

oh! and we got our schedules today at freshman orientation, im in beginning journalism :D :D , the 4 main subjects math, science, history, and english, then gym, and my favorite class of all, GERMAN (which i hate btw) :) does anyone know if you take a language in college? also, im bored here so thats why im posting my school schedule on an ND fan board

Guest Champion10

I know that you have to take atleast 2 years of a foreign language to get into college(in California....unless you go to a junior college). I am not sure if you have to take one once your there but my guess would be yes(but it might also depend on your major). This is all speculation of course because I am still currently in High School :D .

btw.....kind of sucks that you start in august(mine is on the 5th of september)

when do you leave for summer break?

Guest gallup21

vacation started at the end of 8th grade (this year) on June 16th, it depends on snow days (somethin i bet you dont get in Cali) :D do you play any sports? soccer tryouts are 6 full days before school, so if youre outta town, thats to bad, youre not on the team (i already dont like HS sports) JV games start on August 31st the second day of school so that would suck if i made that team, i want to make frosh but it would look better on my resume if i made JV in my frosh year i think?

Guest Champion10

oh yes it would :D. No we dont get snow day in california :( ....

the sports I will be playing are Basketball, Rugby and maybe track.

Classes

English IV

Government/Economics

Philisophy

Anatomy/physiology

Personal Fitness(toughest physical workouts I have ever had.....worse then Hell Week in football, and it gets 110 degrees outside)

Algebra II( I am not a fan of Math :x )

I think thats it.....

Guest gallup21

rugby, thats awesome!!!dont worry about taking math 2, im taking all level 2's (frosh year at my HS theres level 1, 2,3 )(1 best 3 worst so that means im average!

Guest Champion10

out Math levels in High School go like this

Algebra I

Geometry

Andvance Algebra

Algebra II

College Algebra/Trigonometry

Calculas

Statistics

So I am kind of in the middle in california standards(which isnt that great.....)

Rugby is so much fun to play, I love throwing people on there heads :p

Dang guys I started August 9th.

Here's my schedule if you wanted to look at it Nick:

H Eng

H Physics

H Pre Cal

Newspaper

Psychology AP

Band

US History AP

Nick that's really cool you're starting journalism. Usually at my school they only let juniors take that and then only seniors actually get to write for the paper. But I was different for running this website, and they let me on.

Guest gallup21

H Eng

H Physics

H Pre Cal

Newspaper

Psychology AP

Band

US History AP

Nick that's really cool you're starting journalism. Usually at my school they only let juniors take that and then only seniors actually get to write for the paper. But I was different for running this website, and they let me on.

yea, they dont let us write for the paper until sophomore year, and we have to be accepted in to it first. but my friends brother is the editor, so i might have a small chance my sophomore year :D :wink:

Guest SirJohn

I've been reading the HS Class thread and I have these observations. My HS years are long past.

First: At the risk of being laughed at by you younger stay focused on your classes and activities, whatever they are sports or goals. Avoid early 'falling in love' if at all possible. I think I completely wasted tons of time entrapped with two girls in my Junior and Senior years. Too much outside time like that kept me off the books and school activities.

Your friends are your friends but try to cultivate some with similar college in mind goals. These will keep you focused on what you intend to do. Not what the gang of Pals wants to do.

I've hammered on knowing a foreign language in here often enough. So for at least Nick for one, learning German and having a mother who teaches Italian. Jeese. Gravy train.

Guest Champion10

H Eng

H Physics

H Pre Cal

Newspaper

Psychology AP

Band

US History AP

I hope you enjoy US History AP(that was my favorite class last year :D)

I took Physics last year and I hated every minute of it.....and it wasnt even an honors calss like you are taking :shock:

Guest SirJohn

http://i36.photobucket.com/albums/e5/YesterdaysNews42/P2004.jpg

Nick I can't recall all the German my Mom taught me I do remember all louisville's Oktoberfests. :lol:

You You live in my heart you you live in my soul..you you cause me great sorrow. You don't know how good I am for you.

Goes Ja Ja after that. Bang them beer steins guys.

??Du Du Liegest ein schmersin/// Oh heck forget it :wink:

HONORS? :cry:

[/img]

Guest Kgreene2343

Going into my sophmore year, I'm in football, wrestling, and rugby (which is the best sport ever,)

H-American Lit and Comp

H-Pre-calc

H-Chem

H-World History

Blue and White (school newspaper)

Art 1

Religion

You'll love into to journalism Gallup. I took it last year and it lets you write about everything, so you can see what you want your focus to be. Mine had photography too, which is always fun.

Everybody makes the football team, but conditioning is never fun. School starts the 29th for us, and we have our first football game this Thursday.

When is your first soccer game, because it'd seem like you needed a little bit more practice than what you have had.