Chris Donald, could it be?

Rockne3d

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks Broker!! That's awesome news, even though it's still a rumor at this point, it will still help me sleep better. Getting Donald woudl really help to balance out the recent blows that we took with some of our other top guys.

Guest VagasFerguson44

I think it stands to reason. When guys change their opinions about their interest level after an on-site visit like Donald did, it usually works out that the second school with the last visit wins.

Just like James Wilson. Great info, Broker. I'm willing to bet it is fact.

Guest 73NotreDame73

Great find Broker! He would be a great addition to this class and make the future D that much strong. And to echo a couple of you other guys....yes it would finally be nice to win one of these battles with the state school!

Guest shark83

Hopefully this rumor will become a fact soon. Landing a stud like Donald would be a huge pickup for ND.

If this does end up being true, that would be the 3rd year that the top player in the state decided to not attend Tennessee ('05 Patrick Turner, USC-#1 WR in the nation, '06 Brandon Warren- #2 Weakside DE in the nation and now Donald). That's defintely a hard thing to swallow, when you don't have another premiere D-1 school in your state to compete with for recruits.That would be like Ohio State losing the top player in Ohio 3 years in a row to out of state schools.

Guest VagasFerguson44

Here is where the rumor began:

http://mb27.scout.com/fgridscapefrm1.showMessage?topicID=57493.topic

Don't know if this thread will even be around by the time you EST guys wake up. But, if you read down the thread there are references to the poster that started the thread being a "reputable poster" on that board.

Interesting stuff. There is obviously a deep hatred for Fulmer amongst the Vol faithful.

Can you believe that a post like this came from a Vol fan with over 3,000 posts on their boards:

"I just don't see a reputable poster posting something like this unless it was true-as of this minute. One's reputation is valued too highly by most posters on a site like Gridscape. I certainly hope it's not true but when a major UT coach had told a good friend of mine that Chris would commit to UT by the end of July-and when that didn't happen-then one could expect the worst! We, UT, and we are all in the boat, just don't have a good product to sell. Would you really influence your son to attend UT over Notre Dame, USC, Ga, Fla etc? Get real!! We would like for someone else's son to go to UT but I doubt if many of us would sacrifice our own! I am for the next guy and mother to sacrifice for UT, however!!"

I received a email from Scout.com notifying me of a new commitment this weekend.Since I don't sub. for theinside info i really couldn't find out who the recruit was.But,I will take brokes word on this rumor and go with it.Man Am I pump up now thismorning.What a way to spend my day off.

Guest JerseyDomer

I gotta agree with you Indy, Donald will have a bigger impact in South Bend than Wilson would have.

I haven't seen to much film on him, but seen him run 20yds to his left before some rb could go 5yds straight ahead. Plays very very fast