Is there anyone else who prefers to watch the game at home over going to Florida?

There's something about a telecast that plays on the emotions of a viewer - more so than the in stadium feel...

I've been present for two of the biggest comebacks of the last twenty years at Notre Dame stadium and the tv broadcast eclipsed the in stadium experience by far...

Also, I don't want to see strangers see me cry (win or lose)... :grin:

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Watching the game is always better at home, unless you are in a skybox at the 50 yard line.

You go the game to tailgate and be part of the moment... or I do at least.

Maybe I'll remember one or two plays if I'm there live... on TV, i can break it down, live the horror or joy over and over again.

I've become more and more enamored with watching games from the comfort of my own home, but there's a lot to be said about the memories created while at a stadium. Those games always end up sticking with me longer.

For this one, though, I'm making the 2 1/2 hour drive north to surprise my dad and watch it with him.

I've become more and more enamored with watching games from the comfort of my own home, but there's a lot to be said about the memories created while at a stadium. Those games always end up sticking with me longer.

For this one, though, I'm making the 2 1/2 hour drive north to surprise my dad and watch it with him.

You're close to Sarnia...

I'd say that I'd love to watch the game at home in my ND man-cave, surrounded by my prized possessions and lucky charms... but I have 6 week old twin boys and a 16 month old daughter at home... so the volume for night games has to be kept at a minimum.

Stadium would be my first choice in the scenario (If I had 3k for the trip)

On a related note... I am petitioning ND to open the Purcell Pavilion for a fan watch party on campus. University officials are considering... stay tuned.

If I could afford such a venture I'd go in a heartbeat, and my wife would die if I told her we were going to Florida for a few days in the midst of winter.

I just love the fact that I can watch ND football pretty much every Saturday even when we aren't on NBC, we are still played on ESPN or ABC. Yup we are irrelevant, and that was even before this season. This year has been great watching the games with my boy at home. Someday I'll get back to the Bend with him in tow for a home game.

i always watch the games on tv at home. i would love to see at least 1 game in ND stadium but i almost prefer watching them at home. at home i don't have any distractions, it's not load, i always have a good view of the game, the food is free, i get to see highlights and replays...

Yup, Santa has a new blu ray surround sound system to go with the new 60" tv and the almost finished man cave.

Money aside, I much prefer the comforts of home. Heck, twice this season - MSU and Wake Forest, I reluctantly left to go to the games...while I had a great time, I much prefer the stress free environment of home and crazy long drives to going to games.

I prefer to watch this next one at home, with about 60 of my closest friends. However, the experience I had in the Oklahoma stadium could not ever be matched on the tube.

Unless it was at Notre Dame Stadium ;)

I think I had my best experience at a home game when my wife and I went to the WF game. We did all the traditional stuff and it was GREAT. I like going to the games and would like to make 1 a year. This year, just for the experience, I'd like to make it to Florida. If nothing else, to be able to say I made it to a title game. But alas..........too much money.

Edited by tj4ndirish