Nix Will Be Back

Saw a write up recapping ND's awards show. Had a quote basically saying that this year was the beginning for him, and that he's going to try and follow Manti's lead in getting a handful of awards nationally next year.

Just figured I'd pass that along for those of us who were nervous looking ahead. We've got another year with Big Lou.

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

You are all speaking way tooo soon. Nix is filing paperwork with the NFL!!! Does not mean he is leaving, but atleast taking a look. This would be HUGE loss for ND.

If Lou leaves, I will be bummed, yet understand his decision. He has to do what is best for him and his family. Especially, a mom that is trying to raise a large family on her own.

My biggest concern is that Kelly and crew have neglected the DL postion in this cycle. They have ONE true DL committed and one guy they will try to convert. That attempt has failed twice now. We tried with Heggie and other OL from Ohio who is now on medical redshirt.

Kelly has spent too many scholarships on DB's. Go look at how many DL teams like Alabama have on the team. We will be woefully thin next year. Kelly better get out there and find a couple guys this recruiting cycle. If Vanderdooes is not a lock, get someone else.

He is filing paperwork for the NFL draft (to get his grade). Pete Sampson feels he'll be back talking to a few people closer to the situation. Hopefully so. If he gets a 1st round grade (certainly possible), he'll have to at least considering leaving. He just seems like a super happy kid who loves college and ND. Think he'll be back.

You are all speaking way tooo soon. Nix is filing paperwork with the NFL!!! Does not mean he is leaving, but atleast taking a look. This would be HUGE loss for ND.

If Lou leaves, I will be bummed, yet understand his decision. He has to do what is best for him and his family. Especially, a mom that is trying to raise a large family on her own.

My biggest concern is that Kelly and crew have neglected the DL postion in this cycle. They have ONE true DL committed and one guy they will try to convert. That attempt has failed twice now. We tried with Heggie and other OL from Ohio who is now on medical redshirt.

Kelly has spent too many scholarships on DB's. Go look at how many DL teams like Alabama have on the team. We will be woefully thin next year. Kelly better get out there and find a couple guys this recruiting cycle. If Vanderdooes is not a lock, get someone else.

ND has 13 players listed as DL. Alabama has 17. I don't know how many are non-scholarship at Alabama, but the numbers aren't that different.

People were saying the complete opposite last year -- that Kelly had spent too much time focusing on the DL and that he needed to get more scholarship DBs on the roster.

"Woefully" thin? We lose Kap. That's it. Kona, Springman, Day, Jones, Okwara...all guys that can step in. We also have a TON of flexibility along the DL with guys like that.

Hasn't this staff done enough to earn our trust recruiting wise?

People were saying the complete opposite last year -- that Kelly had spent too much time focusing on the DL and that he needed to get more scholarship DBs on the roster.

"Woefully" thin? We lose Kap. That's it. Kona, Springman, Day, Jones, Okwara...all guys that can step in. We also have a TON of flexibility along the DL with guys like that.

Next year it will be the linebackers... :razz:

Wherever we have had a shortage Kelly goes after it with over kill. After this year's haul of linebackers, defensive backs and offensive linemen, there is not a gaping hole anywhere to be seen.