Terrible news out of KC Chiefs..

• Replies 19
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Very sad. He murdered that girl in front of their infant and the girl's mother.

I've seen rumors that there will be a black uniform patch or something for him but he deserves nothing. I'm sorry for whatever demons may have haunted him but he had no right to take the life of someone else because of his issues.

I feel worse for the people who had to witness everything than I do for him.

Wow, here's hoping mental illness never affects your families...

Mental illness or not, do you think they should honor him 24 hours after he murdered a young mom? I don't know the background of that guy but didn't he just kill a women? That's a deal breaker for me. I really hope the NFL doesn't go full stupid and try to honor that giant F-stain murderer

I don't remember reading anything about him being mentally disturbed and I certainly don't believe that every incident like this can be attributed to mental illness. IMO he was a murderer before he decided to take his own life, certainly not someone to be honored.

Whatever they decide, I hope the Chiefs take the girl's mother and extended family into consideration. Thankfully, the infant is young enough that it's doubtful this will be something that traumatizes her in the long run.

Mental illness or not, do you think they should honor him 24 hours after he murdered a young mom? I don't know the background of that guy but didn't he just kill a women? That's a deal breaker for me. I really hope the NFL doesn't go full stupid and try to honor that giant F-stain murderer

No, I don't think that they should honour him, but ignoring the situation isn't likely...

I don't remember reading anything about him being mentally disturbed and I certainly don't believe that every incident like this can be attributed to mental illness. IMO he was a murderer before he decided to take his own life, certainly not someone to be honored.

Whatever they decide, I hope the Chiefs take the girl's mother and extended family into consideration. Thankfully, the infant is young enough that it's doubtful this will be something that traumatizes her in the long run.

Often there is precursor to violence unless one's mental health is undiagnosed, untreated or unmedicated. We've seen this act countless times before but usually there are signs (a la Chris Benoit) that something is not right.

In regards to the child, she will have no memory of this as the three year old brain doesn't possess the ability to really store memories...

my sentiments exactly.. something is very wrong with this..

The only thing wrong with this is he murdered a woman. No excuse what so ever. If the guy committed suicide without hurting someone else then hey feel bad for him. I have zero compassion for this murderous sob.

Often there is precursor to violence unless one's mental health is undiagnosed, untreated or unmedicated. We've seen this act countless times before but usually there are signs (a la Chris Benoit) that something is not right.

In regards to the child, she will have no memory of this as the three year old brain doesn't possess the ability to really store memories...

I'll speak for myself here and say that often times mental illness is used as an excuse for people to hurt others. It's used as a defense in trials in order to avoid personal responsibility. Protection of yourself, your loved ones, and your property is justified but when you kill others because you possess some "demons," it's a crime. What Chris Benoit did was disgusting, inexcusable, and shameful and so is what Belcher did. No need to honor these acts. I'm thankful that we no longer have to waste our money to keep these men fed and housed after they commit these evil acts. But please next time just don't take any innocent people with you.