Manti Teo Heisman

Manti Teo: 103 tackels 1.5sacks 7 ints 0 tds

Charles Woodson: 47tackles, 1sack, 8 ints, 12 receptions, 3 total tds

I just don't see how he doesn't win the Hiesman. I understand he doesn't have any touchdowns. I will honestly say if he wasn't on this team we may be looking at a 9-3 record. He provide a much greater ingredient than multiple touchdowns. He provide a leadership role that has got young players playing to their full potential he is a natural leader and that has to account for a lot.

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Manti Teo: 103 tackels 1.5sacks 7 ints 0 tds

Charles Woodson: 47tackles, 1sack, 8 ints, 12 receptions, 3 total tds

I just don't see how he doesn't win the Hiesman. I understand he doesn't have any touchdowns. I will honestly say if he wasn't on this team we may be looking at a 9-3 record. He provide a much greater ingredient than multiple touchdowns. He provide a leadership role that has got young players playing to their full potential he is a natural leader and that has to account for a lot.

Listing 3 TDs doesn't really cover his offensive accomplishments. He was a KR and a ""we'll rounded player". That basically means that he contributed offensively as well as defensively. He is still the only defensive player to ever win the trophy, and he probably will be the last. If Teo took over for Deonte on kickoffs and punched in a few red zone TDs, he would be the clear leader and ESPN's darling...

Listing 3 TDs doesn't really cover his offensive accomplishments. He was a KR and a ""we'll rounded player". That basically means that he contributed offensively as well as defensively. He is still the only defensive player to ever win the trophy, and he probably will be the last. If Teo took over for Deonte on kickoffs and punched in a few red zone TDs, he would be the clear leader and ESPN's darling...

What if he played for a team in a conference that ESPN paid 2.5billion dollars for the rights to? Then if he was a freshman, they could market him for the next two years and drive up the ratings in games he's in.

What if one guy is basically the paradigm of team player and integrity and the other spent the offseason getting a drunken, shirtless mugshot? What if one was one guy displayed consistent excellence for 12 games, leading his team to an undefeated season while the other put up this stat line in an ugly loss?

29 of 56 for 276 yards. 0 TD, 3 INT. 17 rushes for 27 yards

What if he played for a team in a conference that ESPN paid 2.5billion dollars for the rights to? Then if he was a freshman, they could market him for the next two years and drive up the ratings in games he's in.

What if one guy is basically the paradigm of team player and integrity and the other spent the offseason getting a drunken, shirtless mugshot? What if one was one guy displayed consistent excellence for 12 games, leading his team to an undefeated season while the other put up this stat line in an ugly loss?

29 of 56 for 276 yards. 0 TD, 3 INT. 17 rushes for 27 yards

Im comparing Teo and Woodson. This thread asks why Woodson won it and Manti won't. No idea why you're introducing Manziel. If Johnny Football wasn't in the picture, they'd give it to Braxton.

I think Woodson won it because he reminded voters of being the "complete" ball player - having impact in multiple facets of the game. Back in the day, people played both ways, and Woodson represented that history.

Woodson also had a record... starting as a freshman after game 2, B10 Freshman of the year, owning Wolverine defensive records, awarded Defensive player of the year as a Frosh, and All-American... all prior to his Heisman year. In other words, he had a history and consistent body of work showing excellence.

Lastly, he won in a year when the Wolverines went UNDEFEATED....

Compare THAT record to Manziel... a stats monster (as a system QB) for sure... but Outstanding?

As for Te'o vs Woodson... Woodson has more accolades in his prior seasons, but at ILB... Te'o has been named AA 2nd team multiple times, consistently over 100 tackles per year... team captain.

This year Te'o launched himself into an entirely different orbit... as a player and leader. Down on Tackles, but still over 100... and 7 interceptions... most of any LB in college in over 10 years? Acknowledged leader of the WHOLE team... not just D. Outstanding character... represents the ideals of the scholar-athlete.

It comes down to what criteria the voters choose for their selection, IMO. If they are looking at stats only (because it's the easiest thing to evaluate on), then Te'o loses, but then Manziel should also be compared to all QBs with gaudy numbers. If they look at the impact of the player on the team ... then Te'o should win.... ND's defense carried us to an undefeated season and the MNC game. If they also consider the character references in the mission of the Heisman foundation, Te'o wins. If the voters even considered the award as the person most valuable to their team's success... then Te'l should win.

http://ww2.hdnux.com/photos/13/76/50/3140125/4/628x471.jpg

Surprised ESPN never talks about Johnny Convict...er i mean Football...

If Manti had been arrested in June im sure you'd hear a lot of that right now...

Also...how was this kid not suspended for a game at least? Did he even miss fall practice?

http://ww2.hdnux.com/photos/13/76/50/3140125/4/628x471.jpg

Surprised ESPN never talks about Johnny Convict...er i mean Football...

If Manti had been arrested in June im sure you'd hear a lot of that right now...

Also...how was this kid not suspended for a game at least? Did he even miss fall practice?

Umm where is his shirt? It seems like most people are clothed for their mug shots.

From Chicago here.. this was in our paper.. Be sure to send him the hate mail, not me :p

Why Notre Dame’s Te’o won’t get my Heisman vote

This author is truly a piece of crap. One thing about the media is you find very few who actually understand football. It is players like Eddie George who understand what a guy like Manti means, not journalists like old Turd Ferguson there, or whatever his name is.

Sad I read that article, might have to do media blackout until after the NC game.