" Moron of the Year Award"--Matt Hayes--Sporting News

I have heard quite a few non-sensical statements about ND---( and alot of compliments to be fair)---but of those who just can't seem to handle our #1 finish the brief article by Matt Hayes at sporting news is just beyond belief.

While rick reily gets ready to do some polishing--matt hayes has his rankings and puts us at #5---thats right #5---behind Alabama/Gerogia/Florida & Oregon.

Now that may seem like a reach but he has some "brilliant" reasoning to back up his rankings.

Of course he complains about our Purdue win months ago --our BC win which makes no sense--and of course the PITT overtime ( a PITT team that shut out # 21 Rutgers )----

But thats only part of his rationale---here it comes

" I AM TIRED OF THE --THATS WHO THEY ARE ARGUMENT"---I'M TIRED OF THE UNBEATEN ARGUMENT "___I USE THE EYE TEST___

Yes he actually wrote in print that he is "tired of the unbeaten argument"--

That has to be one of the most moronic statements i have ever read---

Might as well say " i'm tired of that final score argument --i use the eye test to decide who wins"---:grin:--

For Matt Hayes in a desperate attempt to get some attention by going over the top diminishing ND---he simply crosses the line to STUPIDITY ON STEROIDS__

And gets from me--" The Moron of the Year award for his tortured argument"

aloha's go irish---

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Who is Matt Hayes and why should I care what he thinks about ND?

The more attention people pay to this stuff, the more "journalists" are going to use it to their advantage.

"Oooh, Rick Reilly said ND is irrelevant and everyone talks about him, I'll say they are Number 5, tee hee hee."

We are number one because we are undefeated but I do believe we would lose to Alabama or a healthy Oregon team. Feel free to bash

Sure, ND might lose to any top 10 team, but they also might win.

Alabama has proven they can lose to a top team.

So has Florida, Georgia and Oregon. LSU and South Carolina both proved it twice.

Saying a team might lose a game to a top 10 team really isn't a stretch. There has never been a team in the history of college football that would beat every team in the country every time they played.

Hey guess what? Matt Hayes can't stop them from playing for -- and potentially winning -- the national title. So his opinion and rankings are irrelevant.

That is my thought. Who cares what newspapers and people say now. They are in it. Who cares about opinions now. It mattered when they might not get a shot but now, everyone can say what every they want, it won't change a thing.

Hey guess what? Matt Hayes can't stop them from playing for -- and potentially winning -- the national title. So his opinion and rankings are irrelevant.

And if anyone knows about irrelevancy, it's us. ;)

Seriously though, our record stands on its own. Anyone that says otherwise is just hating for the sake of hating (or generating pageviews) and can go pound sand.

Although i was happy to give Mr Hayes the " Moron of the Year Award"---i am actually happy at all the trash talk---i think its great for our team---

All year we have been hearing this crap--all year we have been underdogs---and IMHO it HELPS US---

Fine, make us eleven point dogs---

All this has a "double good for us" impact---

FIRST_-It keeps our team--focused--angry--keeps us with a chip on our shoulder and deflates any potential OVERCONFIDENCE OR BIG HEAD ISSUES___

SECOND--It makes our opponents lower their expectations---they know we are good--BUT NOT THAT GOOD LIKE EVERYONE SAYS---then when we show up as the NASTY team that runs the ball they take some time to adjust to our intensity---

ALL IN ALL---I LIKE THE TRASH TALK___TELL US WE AREN'T GOOD ENOUGH AS OFTEN AS YOU LIKE____WE THRIVE ON IT!!!!__:grin:

aloha's go irish!

This to shall pass

If ND wants their respect there is one way to get it. Face that Bully and beat em.

January 7, 2012 in Miami. ND gets to face the Bully.

"Let me see you disrespect me now, when my face is to ya" Lou Holtz

I am so freaking mad reading all of this stuff. I think that the whole world has their hand in the Polar Bear's cage just poking away. Gonna be praying hard for these kids.

I am so freaking mad reading all of this stuff. I think that the whole world has their hand in the Polar Bear's cage just poking away. Gonna be praying hard for these kids.

So don't read it. It will be the same stuff over and over again for the next 40ish days.

So don't read it. It will be the same stuff over and over again for the next 40ish days.

Somehow I think the spirit of the post might have been lost on you. Rest assured that I have medication to deal with my crippling anger issues and I will survive the next 40 days as I have the preceding 40.