I hate being wrong - but I admit I was

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I figured 7-8 wins and did not expect this from a 1st year starter at QB. The defensive backfield also concerned me but they've held their own. Glad I was wrong.

Ndhoosier and probably some others will be here shortly with their "pessimist,""realist, optimist" crap. Their "I told you so.." Stuff will follow

To be fair--we have had some things break our way this season--and i mean TO BE FAIR--since things have broken against us for years---:grin:

Right now i am a little drained by the season---its been better then we could have hoped in SO SO MANY WAYS---

Very happy and hoping we can get by the nemisis this weekend---

1964 Ara took an undefeated team into LA---that team took a 17-0 halftime lead---and lost 21-17---the game and the title simply slipped away in the final minutes---

I don't want to feel like they do at oregon or KSU----heres to getting it done next saturday!

aloha's go irish!

I am struck by the 3rd year thing. So many pointed to how it was historically "the year" for successful ND coaches. Quite frankly, I didn't see ANYWAY this would be that kind of year for BK and the team. I am glad to be so damn wrong. As I've said all year, the mental and physical toughness displayed by this team and staff has been a revelation. Now, let's finish the job...

Edited by BlackIrish42

Don't think I made a prediction, but to be fair, it would have been 9 wins. HOWEVER, I believed in Golson from the get-go, even to the point of getting in to a spat or two with some Rees devotees over his play. I'm old enough to remember Tony Rice, and I knew this kid was even better. That part, I got right, but not the wins vs. losses prediction. I'm amazed.

I was wrong. I thought we could be really good. But that depended on how well Golson would play .. I Was there with Hawaii from the beginning touting Golson as the future of ND football. ( no idea it would happen so quickly) However, I was hoping for a bcs bowl and thought 10/9 wins was where we were headed.

I love being wrong!