Carlo Calabrese--Comon back

Did you guys watch Carlo yesterday?? He just looks quicker and savy. He had 7 tackles yesterday which included a huge hit on the running back that caused a fumble. He had 4 solo tackles. He is playing more and more.

I was ready for him to move on so that we can play the younger guys, especially Grace, but now I want Carlo back. He's a stud. He didn't give up when he lost playing time. He can really help us on our title run next year. He's a seasoned vet that has worked his butt off to limit his liabilities. Solid solid player.

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

.......which included a huge hit on the running back that caused a fumble.....

I LOLled at this one during the game.. The kid didn't even see carlo coming from the sideline.. It appeared as if he was worried about Teo laying the wood.. Too bad that kid got his brains scrambled a bit and couldn't come back.

People don't understand how Carlo and Foxy have combined to make their position a strength.

If they want to come back I definitely want them back.

I've been noticing the plays by Fox and Carlo for awhile. Fox is making plays not only in pass coverage but I've seen him blitz and evade the blockers with his speed and quickness. I fully understand the value of Manti, but we have players and lots of experience at linebacker next year. When you include the outside backers of Shembo and Spond and the young guns in Ishaq, Councell and Okwara, man we are just loaded. Okwara is going to hurt people.

All this and we bring in 5 of the best linebackers in the country. Can't wait for Anzalone and Smith. Look for special teams to get a huge boost next year from these backers and defensive back recruits.

I LOLled at this one during the game.. The kid didn't even see carlo coming from the sideline.. It appeared as if he was worried about Teo laying the wood.. Too bad that kid got his brains scrambled a bit and couldn't come back.

Yea how 'bout it! Worry about Teo and there's someone else out there who will hit you hard and will hurt you. That's got to play on an opponent's mind.

Man, Calabrese hammered that guy out on the fumble.

And if he doesn't, Manti will or Motta or...

Carlo has always been a monster hitter, always loved that about him. Sure, he has struggled in coverage at times, but you absolutely bring him and Fox back if they want to come. My worry is losing that Zeke toughness at the safety position. That man is a killer, he also has his fair share of mistakes, but having guys like him and Carlo out there has to put a little doubt in opposing players minds. No one likes to get blown up, and those two live to destroy people. The physicality of this defense is a nice change from the softness of the previous years (most of the 2000's). I love watching Zeke play, even when he messes up I tend to give him a pass, because he is ready to rip someone in half on the next play. If I was a running back or receiver playing across from him I would always have that in the back of my mind.

Edited by nremdn