Might be 4 spots left in this class

Per Jason Sapp.

Apparently there are two medical situations (presumably Tate Nichols and an undisclosed player) that could end up opening scholarship space. We already had two open scholarships (not including four spots reserved for fifth years) left in this class.

Would allow us to take Redfield/Moore, Muhammad, and TWO skill position players (ideally Treadwell and Folston).

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I REALLY hope it's not Hounshell.

after a solid freshmen year i couldn't wait to see how he developed, i always had high hopes for this kid. hope it works out for him.

i would be more than okay landing Redfield, Muhammad, Folston and Treadwell to finish off the class.

Yeah, Massa was mentioned somewhere else, he had an ACL right?

I've also read Houshell is having surgery again, is that correct?

I think Massa has been dressing, but just isn't high enough on the depth chart to be noticed. According to his Twitter, he traveled to BC.

He had an ACL which was repaired in April and was expected out for 5 months.

I would assume the other opening would be an expected transfer. Maybe Eilar Hardy?

Iv'e been expecting four more spots---i wouldn't be surprised to see us with 5 by the time everything is said & done----then we may have a decommit----

We will continue & should continue recruiting aggressively for the top prospects---we don't need any fill--but we do need a few good men--:grin:

This class may very well end up as the # 1 class given the space we are still going to fill & the type of propects we are going after---

How about # 1 ranking in the polls and the #1 recruiting class as well--:grin:----i guess that would qualify as a turnaround for coach kelly--;)

aloha's go irish!

I really like that we are moving on kids from the roster to open up space. I would hope and assume that it is a mutual agreement and they will obviously stay on academic scholarship.

This is another tool that is going to allow us roster build to compete at a higher level just like when they adopted the EE scheme.

The bummer is, does our line situation really get helped much by targeting another offensive tackle this cycle? I'm not so sure. It's not like there are any "instant impact" Oline recruits hanging around on branches at this point. Maybe 10-0 makes it easier to kick start a dormant conversation with someone we like, but I'm not sure that's likely.

If the 2nd player is in fact Hegarty, odds are we'll see that Oline scholarship roll into next year's #'s crunch. May open up a spot for a S, a LB, or a RB in the immediate future, but that spot may get "taken away" from the next cycle in order to address the offensive line.

It's almost to a point where you should bank on 5 Olineman every year. When you're dealing with guys carrying around 300 lbs in a violent contact sport, unfortunately guys are going to break down. At least this staff has the right approach in going after the big guys in just about every cycle, and doesn't put all their eggs in a select few baskets like Charlie and Ty.

4 spots? LB (Muhammad), S (Redfield), RB (Folston), and the 4th... Surprise me. I'd take LJ Moore in a heartbeat, but a guy like Austin Hooper could be a good guy to bring on too.

Here's the hard reality of the NEW ND under BTK. There may be more room if Kelly decides to not bring back some 5th years. Would you rather have a known commodity or a highly ranked potential recruit that could change games? Last year, Kelly went with know a Bc there was not a better alternative. This year, he is asking of the Prom and can dance with anyone!

Dance with who brought you or Let's get it on?

Here's the hard reality of the NEW ND under BTK. There may be more room if Kelly decides to not bring back some 5th years. Would you rather have a known commodity or a highly ranked potential recruit that could change games? Last year, Kelly went with know a Bc there was not a better alternative. This year, he is asking of the Prom and can dance with anyone!

Dance with who brought you or Let's get it on?

He'll figure out how to forge a happy balance.

I believe I saw Massa play yesterday. Can't imagine he'd be eligible for a medical hardship.

Do they need NCAA approval, or to prove anything to the NCAA, in order to shift a schollie to medical hardship?

Anyway it's a moot point, since I really don't think ND would ever do that.