Wake Forest is the "money game"--millions ride on this game!

I know we are all interested in accomplishment & glory and that speaking about the crass money issues seems a little shallow---but nonetheless, its money not love that makes the world go round --:grin:---and this game is clearly the MONEY GAME!

If by some chance we were upset by Wake---especially given the current criticism about our last two outings---MAKE NO MISTAKE---WE WOULD BE PUNISHED BIG TIME----my guess is we would fall all the way to the ten or eleven spot----and if--"GOD FORBID" we followed that up with a USC loss we would drop BELOW the 14 spot with what would be called a late season collapse and we would be OUT OF THE BCS___:drunk:

The lucrative MULTI_MILLION DOLLAR PAYOFFS FROM THE BCS hang in the balance this week----if we lost to USC after BEATING WAKE at 11-0, NO PROBLEM, at least financially----we STILL would be going BCS at 11-1----

Kelly wants to produce wins--and nobody would be happier to win a national title ---but i guarantee coach kelly REALLY wants to come through for Swarbuck et al with the BIG PAYDAY____It immediately validates everything the university has spent on this coach----

MILLIONS AT STAKE__EXPECT KELLY TO HAVE HIS TEAM AND HIS EYE ON THE PRIZE THIS WEEKEND!!

aloha's go irish!

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I know we are all interested in accomplishment & glory and that speaking about the crass money issues seems a little shallow---but nonetheless, its money not love that makes the world go round --:grin:---and this game is clearly the MONEY GAME!

If by some chance we were upset by Wake---especially given the current criticism about our last two outings---MAKE NO MISTAKE---WE WOULD BE PUNISHED BIG TIME----my guess is we would fall all the way to the ten or eleven spot----and if--"GOD FORBID" we followed that up with a USC loss we would drop BELOW the 14 spot with what would be called a late season collapse and we would be OUT OF THE BCS___:drunk:

The lucrative MULTI_MILLION DOLLAR PAYOFFS FROM THE BCS hang in the balance this week----if we lost to USC after BEATING WAKE at 11-0, NO PROBLEM, at least financially----we STILL would be going BCS at 11-1----

Kelly wants to produce wins--and nobody would be happier to win a national title ---but i guarantee coach kelly REALLY wants to come through for Swarbuck et al with the BIG PAYDAY____It immediately validates everything the university has spent on this coach----

MILLIONS AT STAKE__EXPECT KELLY TO HAVE HIS TEAM AND HIS EYE ON THE PRIZE THIS WEEKEND!!

aloha's go irish!

I'd almost think with the Irish hate around the country, ND might be bumped out of the top 15 with a loss to U$C regardless. I hope that doesn't happen, but could.

Edited by tj4ndirish

right now i think wake forest beats ND. ND has not looked good at all since the OU game and jim grobe is a very good coach who gave NDs defense fits last year. wakes offense is real good and there's is the type of offense that gives ND fits. against BC ND could not slow down the eagles passing game and wake will take full advantage of that. NDs offense better be ready to play and put some points on the board cause NDs defense will get carved up bad.

right now i think wake forest beats ND. ND has not looked good at all since the OU game and jim grobe is a very good coach who gave NDs defense fits last year. wakes offense is real good and there's is the type of offense that gives ND fits. against BC ND could not slow down the eagles passing game and wake will take full advantage of that. NDs offense better be ready to play and put some points on the board cause NDs defense will get carved up bad.

Are you serious with this?

Wake doesn't rank above 88 in any offensive category.

They rank in the 110's in scoring offense, rushing offense and total offense.

Sure, Wake could beat ND, but to suggest they have a good offense is just ridiculous.

Are you serious with this?

Wake doesn't rank above 88 in any offensive category.

They rank in the 110's in scoring offense, rushing offense and total offense.

Sure, Wake could beat ND, but to suggest they have a good offense is just ridiculous.

I second this. Someone drug test that man.

Is this a post from 2006? Did you time travel? Quick, look around you, do people have iPhones?

Again, what?

BC threw 43 times for 247 yards. That is 5.7 yard per attempt. If over a full season, that YPA would rank 114th in the nation.

This for a team that was the 29th ranked passing team in the nation coming in to the game.

Again, what?

BC threw 43 times for 247 yards. That is 5.7 yard per attempt. If over a full season, that YPA would rank 114th in the nation.

This for a team that was the 29th ranked passing team in the nation coming in to the game.

to his credit, it did SEEM like they threw all over the place and converting 3rd downs....but then again, so did OU (except for the 3rd down part)

to his credit, it did SEEM like they threw all over the place and converting 3rd downs....but then again, so did OU (except for the 3rd down part)

Right, I get how it looked, but that is how the defense has played all year, and how they will play vs. USC. Make them throw short, tackle, watch them implode at some point or in the red zone.

Not the sexiest defense, but very effective at the college level where very few teams can perform play after play, drive after drive, without big mistakes.

I really have to wonder how a team gets up for a fight against a 2-7 team a week after their BCS title hopes were trashed by the media because of a hard fought game.

Our boys did me proud by going out there and playing hard in spite of what must have been a disappointing night. I also wonder how they play if BK tells them that Bama lost.

Seriously though, we are not FSU, I don't think these guys get fired up against a bad team that everyone says they are going to beat. At least Pitt had some cred coming into the game.

What were you smoking when you came up with this?

Wow! Check out what Wake has --or more appropriately -- hasn't done this year before posting such misinformation

ND's defense is as good as any in the country, Case closed,