Kelly's game plan

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

We will start Golson. OU has lost one game this year and it was to a mobile quarterback. Golson is going to have to run on the spread option. Kansas State used the back as the lead blocker and was effective. I look for Hendrix in the red zone. Golson can put it up soft for Eifert just like Tommy did against BYU. Riddick and Wood will pound the middle and open up the play action. Maybe, just maybe, this is when Chris Brown gets open deep and we actually hit him. Maybe it was a blessing in disguise that we didn't connect on our three opportunities to him. He got open deep, we just didn't deliver.

We have got to play Notre dame football.. It starts always with winning the line. Like Oklahoma say lets run the QB like KSU did, let hit em in the mouth.

ND football as always been about running that rock, this saturday is not any different. Lets limit the big play with our zone defense give up 3's not seven, play with the fire that is back at ND, rush that passer and return OUR LADY OF VICTORY to Glory...

I would like to see a play or two with Hendrix on the field along with Golson for a trick play or even a fake trick play.

Would like to see a Hendrix draw, I like seeing that kid run.

I want to see the high school Golson, confident and poised!!!!!

GO IRISH!!!!

The one advantage we have is we have SO much more Kelly can do with this offense whenever he decides to do it. Utilize Neal, put Brown in in the 4th when the defense is gassed and run 9's, Read option pass, GA3 on a wheel route, and finally surprise them by going for an all out punt return. We are getting better at returns but still not even close to an average punt return unit.

The one advantage we have is we have SO much more Kelly can do with this offense whenever he decides to do it. Utilize Neal, put Brown in in the 4th when the defense is gassed and run 9's, Read option pass, GA3 on a wheel route, and finally surprise them by going for an all out punt return. We are getting better at returns but still not even close to an average punt return unit.

We aren't even close to being a BELOW-AVERAGE punt return unit.

Not quite sure what is below that, but abysmal comes to mind.

We aren't even close to being a BELOW-AVERAGE punt return unit.

Not quite sure what is below that, but abysmal comes to mind.

I could agree to abysmal if we were trying, but BK isn't. His game plan is to prevent fakes on punt returns and fair catch, and kickoff returns are so rare now due to the 5 yards forward he puts minimal time in to it.

My only criticism of the returns is why are they bringing it out when they catch it one yard in the end zone.

So I would say they are performing according to plan.