R E S P E C T, That's What Riddick Gets From Me

An important fumble recovery, tough running up the middle, and two clutch catches:

* In the second quarter (8 min left), Riddick recovered a fumble at the ND 33

* During the first ND TD drive at the end of the 3rd quarter/beginning of the 4th, Riddick accounted for 29 of the 52 yards including a leaping catch for 23 yards on 3rd and 8 from the 50

* Another key catch on 3rd and 8 during the OT TD drive, a 16 yard twisting falling catch sandwiched between two defenders.

Kudos to Riddick for being a great team player. I don't know if we should be using our RB's differently or not, but I know Riddick is doing what's being asked of him.

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have developed a general impression that these things are true about Theo:

1. Riddick takes care of the ball.

2. Riddick does not go down after the first hit and runs hard.

3. Riddick's presence opens up the playbook because he can block and catch.

4. Riddick knows the playbook

5. Riddick is the consummate team player.

6. Riddick has tremendous endurance.

Most of these are opinions, debatable, and it is hard to find quantitative facts to back them up; but I'm willing to stick my neck out there and say these are the reasons Riddick is getting so much PT.

:thumb:

Edited by 2lakes

Riddick played well I guess but wantt o point out a Big reason for Low YPC is he pounds Rock up gut against Teeth of a Defense way more than GA3 or Wood. Still doesnt mean he cant improve(break more tackles) but would like to see him get more edge runs in General and his YPC would definitely go up. Also why no Screen passes ?

As much as I like Riddicks performance against Stanford most especially his receptions, I think Cierre Woods is the better back, both carried the ball 12 times, Woods 66 yds to Riddicks 45, and last week Cierre had two tds and 118 yds. Perhaps the staff thinks Riddick is better out of the backfield catching the ball, but Woods, at least to my viewing, is the better back running the ball.

As much as I like Riddicks performance against Stanford most especially his receptions, I think Cierre Woods is the better back, both carried the ball 12 times, Woods 66 yds to Riddicks 45, and last week Cierre had two tds and 118 yds. Perhaps the staff thinks Riddick is better out of the backfield catching the ball, but Woods, at least to my viewing, is the better back running the ball.

Your not the only one I can guarantee.