The Legend of Tommy Rees

I hate to admit it...this is getting bizarre!

ND is off to its best start in a decade and it is all due to T.R.

The Legend was born when he was one of 5 QBs offered and the least hyped...

Thrown in as a true Frosh vs Tulsa during the worst 8 day stretch in ND history (Navy loss, Declan's death, Tulsa loss)...and wins his 1st 4 starts, including a trip to USC!!! And a Sun Bowl victory vs Miami!!!

2011...not the starter...comes off the bench...an 8-4 season!!!!

2012...not the starter comes off the bench in weeks 2, 4, and 6 and leads the IRISH to epic wins and a 6-0 start. Purdue: late game replacement, down the field GW FG....Michigan: revived a stagnent offense and rushes for a TD to manage a break through win...Standford: late game replacement once again; game tieing FG, TD pass in OT!!!

He has accomplished alot...

Tommy Rees...I am Legend!!!!!

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Not to rain on you parade but the catches were a lot better than the passes.

He did what he normally does when pressure is put on him, he threw it up for grabs. TJ turned completely around and caught the ball. We would not have won with TR as our QB. IMHO.

The good news is that we won.

Not to rain on you parade but the catches were a lot better than the passes.

He did what he normally does when pressure is put on him, he threw it up for grabs. TJ turned completely around and caught the ball. We would not have won with TR as our QB. IMHO.

The good news is that we won.

Not a Rees starts supporter, but you must also agree that the kid finds a way to hold the team together, manage pressure drives, and f'n win. I'll take it. Cudos Tommy and GO IRISH!

If Golson didn't have fumbleitis tonight, Rees wouldn't have had to make the plays.

Anyone doing a Golson turnover count this year? I am curious... I think he's around 10?

10 seems to be a tad high.... I don't know what he was thinking not running out of bounds on his last fumble.