Stanford's Defense...

Looking at the stats below, you can clearly see that the passing defense is not up to snuff. Stanford's weakness is speed. I believe Stanford still has a nasty defense, but it's made for stopping the run. I think that Notre Dame's defense is just as stout against the run, but with a lot more speed sideline to sideline; it helps with passing coverage and quicker backs (also helps that our D coordinator is amazing)

Does anyone know how these teams seem to throw almost at will against the Cardinal? I'm asking because I didn't watch the games, but it couldn't have been accumulated in garbage time (like Miami getting like 100 yards passing against ND's defense in the last quarter) because all of Stanford's games were pretty damn close except for Duke

My point it, perhaps Stanford's defense isn't the juggernaut that we're making them out to be. They're still physical no doubt, but you also have to be fast, and as I've said numerous times, Stanford's achilles heel is a mobile QB.

San Jose St

rushing - 100th

passing - 23rd

vs. Stanford

rushing - 72 yards on 27 carries

passing - 288 yards

Duke

rushing - 95th

passing - 29th

vs. Stanford

rushing - 27 yards on 23 carries

passing - 385 yards

USC

rushing - 69th

passing - 39th

vs. Stanford

rushing - 26 yards on 28 carries

passing - 280 yards

Washington

rushing - 85th

passing - 101st

vs. Stanford

rushing - 136 yards on 34 carries

passing - 313 yards

Arizona

rushing - 45th

passing - 4th

vs. Stanford

rushing - 126 yards on 34 carries

passing - 617 yards

I guess it's lucky for them it hasn't taken a 'juggernaut' to stop our offense at home this year. It's time for the offense to step up and pull their own weight at home against a good team.

also, lucky for us that when we play a team ranked anywhere in the 100s in some type of defensive category, we were able to exploit that (Stanford is 113th is passing defense)

Looking at the stats below, you can clearly see that the passing defense is not up to snuff. Stanford's weakness is speed. I believe Stanford still has a nasty defense, but it's made for stopping the run. I think that Notre Dame's defense is just as stout against the run, but with a lot more speed sideline to sideline; it helps with passing coverage and quicker backs (also helps that our D coordinator is amazing)

Does anyone know how these teams seem to throw almost at will against the Cardinal? I'm asking because I didn't watch the games, but it couldn't have been accumulated in garbage time (like Miami getting like 100 yards passing against ND's defense in the last quarter) because all of Stanford's games were pretty damn close except for Duke

My point it, perhaps Stanford's defense isn't the juggernaut that we're making them out to be. They're still physical no doubt, but you also have to be fast, and as I've said numerous times, Stanford's achilles heel is a mobile QB.

San Jose St

rushing - 100th

passing - 23rd

vs. Stanford

rushing - 72 yards on 27 carries

passing - 288 yards

Duke

rushing - 95th

passing - 29th

vs. Stanford

rushing - 27 yards on 23 carries

passing - 385 yards

USC

rushing - 69th

passing - 39th

vs. Stanford

rushing - 26 yards on 28 carries

passing - 280 yards

Washington

rushing - 85th

passing - 101st

vs. Stanford

rushing - 136 yards on 34 carries

passing - 313 yards

Arizona

rushing - 45th

passing - 4th

vs. Stanford

rushing - 126 yards on 34 carries

passing - 617 yards

Interesting stat there Franco, 100 yards passing, yet they still didn't score. Thanks for posting these numbers for Stanford's opponents. Very interesting to see.

GO IRISH!!!!