Eifert's Awesome Blocking

Just rewatched the 3rd quarter. Up until that point Miami was still in it. Lots of big runs in the 3rd and it seemed like the were all behind #80's blocks. Seems like Eifert could block any of Miami's defenders for as long as he needed to.

The play that I remember is the Niklas block that wiped out not one or two but three Canes on Riddick's short TD run (first score of the game)....it was every bit the equivalent of him flipping the tackling sled but it was during live action. I love Eiffert but I really think Troy is going to make us forget every TE before him and thats saying a lot...

Edited by moostache

seriously... I have a hard time picturing many people in the country able to shed Niklas' block. They guy is nicknamed Hercules for a reason.... He is as big as an Olinemen, but athletic enough to be a receiving TE. That combination is hard to find. Niklas has the tools to become the best TE we have had for awhile, and that is saying something. Whether he will or not is a different story, but he definitely has the tools to make it happen.

Eifert has drastically improved his game and draft stock. His weakness was considered blocking, but he has shown plenty of it. The scouts already know he can catch BETTER than any TE in the country.