Thank God for Tommy Rees

I for one has ragged on Rees his whole career about how weak is arm is, how slow he is and how many picks he throws. I lost it when he played against Purdue but was quite happy when he came in against Michigan. The one thing is his football knowledge is off the charts, and he processes things so quick. If we could combine him and Everett you'd have quite the quarterback, too bad we can't.

I have to say for a team that has had noone step up on offense I can actually say Rees has been the most important offensive player thus far. I really hope Golson can step up and be the leader but if he can't we'll be fine. Regardless if the position seems unsettled, it still is settled because if Golson struggles we bring in Tommy cold off the bench where he seems to play better. The guy might still throw a few picks because the ball doesn't get there quick enough but he's as cool as ice, and can go into any stadium and do enough to pull out a win for us if needed. We should all be confident in our qbs... just not Mike Golic atm.

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Rees has been ok, but he has not been the most important offensive player.

Do people forget that Golson had 289 yards vs. Purdue and kept ND in the game with his legs?

Or that he beat a top 10 team on the road, again largely with his legs?

I'd argue Goodman has been more important than Rees so far.

Nah, I think it's too early to write off the rookie.

I hope we see Hendrix in mop-up time on Saturday.

Let me put it this way, if with the bye week and a chance to heal up, Golson can't put together a complete game against a bad Miami defense? With Stanford coming next? He's done. Gunner is your 2013 starter.

This is ridiculous. BK is doing the correct thing with Golson. Bringing him along slowly while not compromising the season record. Tommy is a GREAT back up QB. He will continue to be just that.

Why is everyone so down on Golson? He has only started 4 games. Gunner Kiel could be great, or he could be in a similar position as EG after 4 starts. Golson is progressing and yes he had a rough week against Michigan, but he also looked pretty damn good against Navy/Purdue/Mich St. Let's not get QB controversy crazy. Support EG and quit talking smack until there is a real reason to do so. He has 3 2/3 years of competition left. He definitely has not hit his ceiling yet. Relax and enjoy the ride fellas. We are 4-0!

Rumors going around the paysites that Rees is the starter for Saturday, so far they are unsubstantiated. I will keep everyone in the loop when I hear something new.

Reaching out to my contact that is a walk on to see if he has any news.

Let me put it this way, if with the bye week and a chance to heal up, Golson can't put together a complete game against a bad Miami defense? With Stanford coming next? He's done. Gunner is your 2013 starter.

Golson could come on to relieve Rees and win. You never know.

Rumors going around the paysites that Rees is the starter for Saturday, so far they are unsubstantiated. I will keep everyone in the loop when I hear something new.

Reaching out to my contact that is a walk on to see if he has any news.

That would be the worst news I've heard all season if true.