'Canes Assessing ND

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

They sound snakebitten like us! Two former powerhouses rendered paranoid from years of ho-hum teams...

This is a good test for us, i put them in the USC/ FSU speed mold, and that is one that has given us trouble in the past

We will see if we truly have better athletes in the secondary than before. Then again, heir QB will be running for his life

Question is, what kind of running will our OL let our RBs do?

Edited by zemaniak

Feedback from Miami Tropical Storm fans.....

They think the world of our defense....

But they think Golson and our Oline are horrible...

from what i hear from there "insiders" is that there not going to take big risk on offense, force Golson to pass and make mistakes and win by a FG...

Feedback from Miami Tropical Storm fans.....

They think the world of our defense....

But they think Golson and our Oline are horrible...

from what i hear from there "insiders" is that there not going to take big risk on offense, force Golson to pass and make mistakes and win by a FG...

Exactly. Kelly better understand that Golson will have to beat Miami. Highly highly doubt Rees can do it anyway. If he benches Golson in this one, you mark my words, that will be the kiss of defeat in this one and could have more significant long term detrimental effects. We have to have oline and Golson dominate in this one. How about the following stat line from Everett:

27/32 375 yd, 3 tds, 0 ints

That's a recipe for a nice Irish victory.:-)

they don't sound super confident. and i still am hoping the cool weather will help us. it should be 50 or below at kick off. not that i want rain, but a little rain will really make those cooler temps cold for miami.

This definitely applied when we played them in the Sun Bowl in 2010. It was hardly sunny in El Paso and I distinctly remember all the Miami players in their cold-weather gear. It took them a couple quarters to warm up and by then it was too late. The colder, the better this weekend.

Exactly. Kelly better understand that Golson will have to beat Miami. Highly highly doubt Rees can do it anyway. If he benches Golson in this one, you mark my words, that will be the kiss of defeat in this one and could have more significant long term detrimental effects. We have to have oline and Golson dominate in this one.

Agreed. You can't go to Rees to pull this one out and expect Golson to have a career at ND.

Miami will play Golson just like teams played Rees last year. The zone blocking isn't establishing the run game and Golson, while more mobile than Rees, bails from the pocket too early and forces throws on the run. He's a freshman and I have high hopes, but a few blitzes from the 'U' and ND could be in a for a long night.

It is time for Golson to step up. Not Kelly, not Rees, not Manti... I have full confidence in those guys doing their job. I can count on them.

It is Everett who will be forced to prove himself now.

That is harsh, especially when you consider that Everett is only a red-shirt freshman who has started 4 games. That is also the reality of playing QB at Notre Dame where capable guys sit on the bench waiting their turn, heralded recruits come in every year, and there is a huge fanbase that simply will not wait.

This football team is not a toy to be played with. We will not sacrifice this season for the confidence of one player, even if that player is a quarterback. For the sake of guys like Te'o and Eifert, we need to do everything in our power, as a team, to win now.

This is a great opportunity for Everett. He will be starting his 5th game, and he knows what to expect. He has had ample time to digest a good portion of the playbook. He understands that turnovers are not acceptable. He should have a clear vision of how to manage a game based on the strength of our defense and the tools he has at his disposal on offense. He has been given 2 weeks to prepare for this game. It is time to show up, earn the job that he has been given, and fulfill his responsibilities to his teammates.

No, Golson is not quite ready for prime time. Not based on what we have seen yet, at least. It is up to him, and him alone, to step up and be ready. At Notre Dame, you have a very small window of opportunity; but that window looks out over a field of glory the likes of which are rarely seen in any sport anywhere, much less in college football.

Everett, open that damn window, and go get you some.

Edited by 2lakes

I was actually surprised by the amount of honest assessments by the Miami fans. They actually sound like intelligent CFB fans. I was expecting smore comments like we saw from MSU fans. "We will destroy ND because they suck!!""

Well, one guy "expects miami to when 27-20"... No way there are scoring 27 points on this defense.

But most of the board had pretty logical concerns going into the game, one guy mentioned the weak schedule they have played so far. And I am sorry, but a bend but dont break defense doesnt give up 600+ yards and 35+ points per game. That defense is shattered.

I will be stunned if Golson doesn't have his best game yet. Really want to see those crossing patterns to the tight ends. Should be a very entertaining game. Time for some offense.

yeah me too. it seems that BK is desperet to hit chris brown on a deep ball, seems like they try to go deep to him about twice a game. if ND really wants to get him the ball how about a reverse or a wr screen or maybe just a simple deep square in.