Are you confident

• Replies 19
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He's an offensive guy, he'll get it done. Hopefully the combination of a new zone blocking scheme and a green QB will start to gel in the coming weeks. Right now, I think the offense needs to feed off the confidence from the defense - they seem like they are playing scared. Scared to turn it over, scared to give up a sack, I don't know what it is, they just seem to be playing on their heels. Give it time - we all seem to forget we were *hoping* for 9 wins against this schedule. It's not as hard as it once seemed, but I for one have no expectations of a national championship this year. Get the shit figured out, be competitive and win some football games and we'll find ourselves in the BCS conversation with a decent ranking to start next year. And we lose who, Eifert and Teo? Two studs to be sure, but we'll survive.

His tenure is starting to look like the exact opposite of Weis. Formidable D with a questionable O. Weis won games because his offense put up more points than our D allowed. BK's D is stopping more scoring drives than his offense is posting.

It's of course premature to say that this will be the story of his career at ND, but this season is looking more and more like a good one record wise with a trouncing waiting for us on the BCS stage....a la Weis. But what do I know---I said we would only win 7 games. Unless this team has a meltdown or suffers a serious QB injury, it looks like we will win at least 8....

His tenure is starting to look like the exact opposite of Weis. Formidable D with a questionable O. Weis won games because his offense put up more points than our D allowed. BK's D is stopping more scoring drives than his offense is posting.

It's of course premature to say that this will be the story of his career at ND, but this season is looking more and more like a good one record wise with a trouncing waiting for us on the BCS stage....a la Weis. But what do I know---I said we would only win 7 games. Unless this team has a meltdown or suffers a serious QB injury, it looks like we will win at least 8....

you are a man of your word echo88. You admitted you were wrong and did so with great class. Cheers

i do believe it was also you that pointed out just how horrid eg could/would end up being and you were about spot on there to....

i do believe it was also you that pointed out just how horrid eg could/would end up being and you were about spot on there to....

I didnt say he would be "horrid". Prior to the season, I said that I felt he was being given way too much credit for not having played a single down for us yet. I said that after his first "multiple turnover game", people would view him in a very different light. I was just pointing out that we always immortalize QBs who haven't had the opportunity to let us down....

EG, in my opinion, looks to be a guy who will be very successful at ND. I was less than thrilled with his passing game (rightfully so) using only the few precious minutes of practice footage that was made available. He's a good QB---not great yet---but he will get there with time.

I think this bye week comes at a great time, the boys have been busy, game in ireland-two primetime games, I think this break will give the team time to catch their breath and allow the coaches to do some self scouting, I think the offense will look much better after this bye week.

I think this bye week and the Miami game has come at a perfect time. It gives them all the break they need. If they can come in and dominate Miami, like the should, they could use that confidence going into the Stanford game. EG just needs to have a good game and to learn to settle down. Hopefully BK focuses on this int he next game. I see Stanford being a swing game that could turn our season. Beat Stanford and I think we go into Oklahoma very confident. If EG flips the switch, we could run the table to the USC game.

you are a man of your word echo88. You admitted you were wrong and did so with great class. Cheers

The biggest factor in my record prediction was an observed failure to put away games we should win that has plagued us for many, many years. By finishing strong, this team has avoided a 2-2 start and I give BK props for that. He has done what needed to be done to win the damn game.

The biggest factor in my record prediction was an observed failure to put away games we should win that has plagued us for many, many years. By finishing strong, this team has avoided a 2-2 start and I give BK props for that. He has done what needed to be done to win the damn game.

^^^This. Same thing caused me to pick this team to win 8 games this season. Too many heartbreaks over the past too many years.

9 wins is looking like the floor now with this defense.

Yes, I think Kelly will get the offense cooking.

If the situation was reversed and the defense was stinking up the joint, I'd be a lot more worried than I am now.

If the situation was reversed and the defense was stinking up the joint, I'd be a lot more worried than I am now.

Exactly how I feel. I'm glad we have this problem, as opposed to the shoe being on the other foot.

It's a lot easier to get the offense "figured out" than it is to cover for a terrible defense. I'm even more optimistic because our struggling offense can be directly tied to inexperience at key positions, something that will change as the season progresses.

And as for the OP's question, I have all the faith in the world in Kelly, and I'm glad Swabrick does as well.