Cierre Wood

I know where Waldo is... but where is Cierre?

I hear what Kelly says about playing the "hot hand" ... but seriously, Cierre is the stronger back. Is he still in some major doghouse?

Last year, when Kelly balanced the load between Gray and Cierre... it seemed as though both would be on track for 1000 yard years.

This year we have Wood, GA3 and Riddick (and I like Cam too)... and OL is supposedly stronger... we really should be hammering it.

Maybe zone isn't cutting it... and I miss the delayed draw.

Anyway... anyone know what's going on?

I feel like the MSU ranter. Someone have the balls to ask Kelly why Wood only saw 7 carries. Why was it when you ran Wood 2 times in a row and they were stretch plays for tough yards and Wood looked gassed, why didnt you sub him out when you preach keeping legs fresh and having other RBs? Yet you call a draw.

I know some here will say, why are you complaining, we won. True, but this is a ND board. I talk to other team's fans, I'll tell them to look at the scoreboard and the record. But we all know we can't win like that every week.

All I want is the best players playing. Thats it. I was so tired of the favorites game that Weis played. Now I am seeing it with Kelly. Kelly said in the post game, Eifert is a blocking tight end... Are you kidding? He may be good but he is our best route runner and catcher. I get it, you have a rookie QB... Then get your HR hitter at RB on the field and get them the ball. You have two of them, Wood and GAIII. If you know the QB is not your play maker, give your play makers the ball. If Kelly keeps this up, this is a 8-4 team.

I think the idea that Wood was too out of shape to continue effectively makes very little sense----he didn't have enough carries to make me too tired so i doubt he was that "gassed"---:grin:

He has also clearly looked the part of the best back we have on the few carries he is getting.

My answer---is that since the suspension ( things propbably went on between staff and cierre, conversations we are not privy to) --the result is that Kelly has put cierre deep into the DOG HOUSE!

IMHO there is no other explanation beyond some presonal issues that would explain the way Cierre has been used or not used to be accurate.

I think it is also worth noting---that our offensive struggles clearly have NOT BEEN HELPED BY HAVING OUR BREAKAWAY BACK & FASTEST PLAYER ON THE FIELD _george atkinson__ON THE BENCH MOST OF THE TIME---AND OUR BEST OVERALL BACK --Cierre Wood--SPENDING MOST OF HIS TIME SINGING!!___

TWO OF OUR BEST PLAYERS SOMEWHAT INEXPLICABLY DELETED FROM OUR OVERALL GAMEPLAN___perplexing & disappointing from my perspective!

aloha's go irish!

Not fair to GA. Every time he comes in he gets the ball so defense's are looking for him. He needs to be the decoy a few time.

Lets be Fair to Riddick as well. It's not like Most of his Carries are against a Prevent Defense or he has been getting Draw plays on 3rd and Long when Defense is expecting Pass. The Bulk of His Carries is against 8 and 9 man fronts when Defenses are Focused on the Running play either in Short yardage situations or end of Games when they are trying to Kill clock. Riddick YPC is not Great MAINLY cause he hasn't had alot of Room to Run.

Last year woods ran for nearly 200 yards against Purdue and then his carries drastically decreased. Luckily gray was there to run with the opportunity.

I asked this question last year and i'll ask again. Is kelly trying to make sure cierre don't leave early for the pros?

Last year woods ran for nearly 200 yards against Purdue and then his carries drastically decreased. Luckily gray was there to run with the opportunity.

I asked this question last year and i'll ask again. Is kelly trying to make sure cierre don't leave early for the pros?

or it pisses him off so he does leave???

I was at the game and have not had time to watch the replay yet. I did have a friend who was at the game, but much closer to the sideline. He speculated that Wood messed something up in the game. He said he saw Kelly yelling at him on the sideline and then did not see Wood go back in.

I had no problem with Riddick down the stretch. He was making the defense miss on a regular basis. I thought his YPC was exceptional considering he had to make 1-2 guys miss everytime to get any gain at all.