Caleb King ???

irishdread

We may have a good shot at landing King. he still seems somewhat interested in ND, he knows for sure that he'll visit ND and Southern Cal.

When it comes to recruiting, there are several rumors regarding King. First is that he will choose between Georgia and Auburn. The latest scuttlebutt to surface is that King won't attend either UGA or AU, rather opting for a school where he and only he, will be the featured running back.

“All I can say is that right now I am open and that I am looking at Georgia, Auburn, Virginia Tech, Southern Cal, Notre Dame, Florida and Tennessee

“Notre Dame is Notre Dame and they are back. They have the nation's top quarterback (Jimmy Clausen) headed their way and I would love to play with him.

“Right now, I know there are two schools that I will visit for sure and that's USC and ND"

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I find it curious that if he wants to be a feature back... that he'd want to go to USC. They have some depth there in the 2005 & 2006 classes.

I find it curious that he also didn't say Auburn & Georgia were definitie officials... may be he lives near enough to the two schools that there's no benefit in making them officials other than for pomp / prestige.

If he wants to be a feature back SC is the last place he'll end up. Once he gets out there and realizes the depth chart, his whole vision of SC will change. i think we have a very good shot at him. i dont kno if he'll be a feature back in SB either but he will get some significant playing time, after DW leaves

Wow, I really thought that this guys was out of reach....more great news!! I would absolutely love to have King, and from those quotes it sounds like he has some serious interest, he's already thought about our QB situation now he needs to consider the awesome OL that will be blocking for him. However, I really can't see him becoming the "feature back", at USC Lendale White got a ton of carries as well, and I would expect it to be no different at ND. I fully expect that Aldridge will step up and be dominant, and I would also not be at all surpised to see guys like Prince and Schmidt earn some serious playing time. With the amount of offensive talent and depth that we may have, we could probably have two offensive teams subing in and out to wear down the competition...I think Rockne did that?

Guest Bluesig

I wonder if Caleb King really does want to go to a program where he will be the only featured back or if he is just posturing so that programs continue to recruit him. He might be one of those guys that like the attention.

If he really felt like he only wanted to go to a program where he solely would be the feature back then why is Southern Cal even on his list? Anyone who half way follows recruiting knows they have or will have brought in 7 or 8 backs in the last 2 years. You got to believe rival coaches have already apprised him of the situation at USC and who they already have committed to them this year.

I would love to have Caleb King but I am just not going to get excited about it because I just don't see it happening. Stranger things have happend but I would be kind of surprised he ends up at ND given what I have heard from a member of the UGA team about UGA and Auburn's chances with King.

Guest IndyIrish

Maybe the recent/potential academic scandal at Auburn may cause some issues with some recruits who are considering them...

I think that King did not state that Auburn and Georgia would be definite visits because he can take unofficial visits there anytime he wants. It is driving distance since he lives in GA. Alot of recruits do that. they take officials to the ones further away and unofficials to the close ones.

I never really thought ND had much of a shot with King. I always thought ND was on his list jsut because he had the room. It is nice to see that his interest may be legit.

IMO, he is the only back in the nation in the same class as Devine, and it goes without saying that landing King would be HUGE for ND.

Notre Dame is Notre Dame and they are back. They have the nation's top quarterback (Jimmy Clausen) headed their way and I would love to play with him.

With king saying this.I'm wondering if more recruits are saying this and reading qoutes like this coming from King.IMO we haven't even seen what CW has involved for us in recruiting.I think there is alot more surprises comeing in our short future.

He said he's taking summer classes somewhere in Texas, and his GPA should be a 2.9 once the school year starts. I dont kno if that is good enough for ND admissions, but it seems like he's putting the effort into getting them up. He has to be doing it for a reason, not all schools require you to have that high of a GPA. Could this all be to get into ND, i dont kno, but I damn sure hope its to get into ND, lol.

He said he's taking summer classes somewhere in Texas, and his GPA should be a 2.9 once the school year starts. I dont kno if that is good enough for ND admissions,

last year ND brought in paddy mullen and he had a 2.5 GPA and a 20 ACT score.