M.O.D WARNS NOTRE DAME

Guest SirJohn

Guest SirJohn

Did that scare you guys brought up on initials by government organizations? :lol:

I do believe we 'senior fans' should band together and issue a joint communique of caution to the younger fans I see posting. Myself a fan since 1954, Subway Alum MA, Rick Orazi and who else? I guess any others that are part of M.O.D. Merrie Olde Dawgs.

There's a cacophony of voices trumpeting NC this year and as far down the road as 2008. This would be normal and expected except a huge section of the media are feeding us this. It does me no good as a lone voice to remind all fans that these same guys were burying us just a year ago to sell newspapers and now selling more papers saying we are relevant.

I do mean now is an enjoyable experience and I recall getting on line with my computer just three years ago and being laughed off because I was championing Notre Dame. Paybacks are hell I suppose but even now I can't rub another teams nose into mud. I know how swiftly momentum can stall and an attack die. I know how some underdog who really wants it can rip it away in a moment.

Think of the above. UNDERDOG. We are NOTRE DAME you are not we have tradition and a reputation. They want our A** boys be ready. Back long before you guys or even I was born a man named Bat Masterson had moved to New York as a sportswriter.

He was close friends with President Teddy Roosevelt. As a political plum worth money Roosevelt asked bat if he would be United States Marshal in the then territory of Oklahoma. Bat wrote back declining the job for these reasons.

Oklahoma is still wild and woolly. I'd be bait for every young kid that ever grew up on a dime novel. There's no sense in that. I've taken my guns off for good and don't ever intend putting them back on again.

Notre Dame is bait for any football kid that ever saw a post on the Internet.

I can bring up a cautionary warning and have a quick response in minutes on line "Don't worry Charlie will have the guys ready." Were we prepared for Michigan State or Ohio State? I am not blaming the Coach who shouldered all the blame as is it is his duty from the old school to do so. I am blaming no one. Football is a unique game and to put it in your younger generations words "S**t happens" in a game and when it does you know it hits the fan and the fans are soiled enough to get angry.

Yes, indeed I saw the 'glory years' Ara, Holtz etc. You never caught me once saying Ara was better then Coach Weis. Those were the old days and I have left them and term nothing I saw in 1988 as good as 2005.

The problem here is while victory is sweet we haven't achieved it yet 2006. What ancient cliche do you need? Never count your chickens before they hatch? Every thing I am pointing out to you Coach Weis has to be drumming in the heads of his football team prior to each game. He has to and they sure better listen and heed.

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest SirJohn

:roll: "Ability is what you're capable of doing. Motivation determines what you do. Attitude determines how well you do it." -Lou Holtz I add: And cocky gets the crap beat out of you.

No one got fed at the big table for years. Y'all had a little taste 9-3 now want that desert NOW. It doesn't work that way. I understand you want sweet victory after tasting defeat. I'm looking at NC now and of course JC the savor and our huge O line and Weis and company and NC's unending as everyone boasts. That's it BOAST HOT AIR EMPTY WORTHLESS till a whistle is blown on the field.

I wonder why after some 47 victories of Navy there were constant student warnings on campus "Don't be the first." ????? To lose. Iread oh past GT, Penn State, Mich, Mich State a cakewalk for ND to USC and an NC. We are bloating our guts over perhaps a rematch with Ohio State?

A good OC at GT has something to say. A really good up and comer Navy coach who will probably move higher this year has something to say. More important then saying it like we are doing here they want to do it.

SO? What were the posts above to this about? Shoot the messigner with the warning and ignore it. :lol:

I guess Ohio State just got lucky? OK we will fire Minter, we will do the rest of the playbook, we will, we will and we will.

Now did I not say Weis was even better then Ara? Yes I did give me that.

We are developing a fantastic series of teams. I harken back to my High School Coach who talked about burning desire. Oh go laugh I don't care.

He took pathetic poor, underweight nobody gives a damn kids and beat the hottest, richest most heavily favored teams in the state.

As your placing your bets to bookies sayong Brady to heismen here in July, Nc here in July, JC to pass for TD for someone in 2007 for a win...seems to me others got something to say about those figments of imagination. That's what they are.

Have fun with all of it yes indeed, but it is not reality nor on the field. Coach made it a point he has to kick out all that "Your Heismen and All American talk."

What did Coach say? exactly what I have been saying. If and I say IF we get to the NC it's not because of the boasting here by fans It's calm locker room talk don't take anything for granted. Each game is a seperate entity and those entities have reasons to win.

These internet posts touting a NC in July are but 1880's dime novels. reads well leaves reality far behind but does sell. :wink:

We are on the same team be careful and cautious and cool.

"WHO DARES WINS"

UNTILL YOU HAVE TASTED DEFEAT YOU WILL NEVER KNOW HOW SWEET A VICTORY CAN BE

SJ, will you ever allow yourself to taste that sweet victory? Or will you continue to argue about this, that, and the other. The dissapointing thing is that there is reason for excitement in ND, but you continually piss on the parade. We have different outlooks on this, but YOU DO NOT TRUST OUR STAFF IF YOU REPEATEDLY TELLS US TO WORRY ABOUT EVERY GAME AND DETAIL OF THE SEASON! THEY ARE PAID TO DO THE WORRYING! WE ARE FANS! I respect you and your opinions, but moreso than that I trust our coach. So fire away, you're not bringing down my confidence, excitement, or morale. One thing I don't like about the old guard (in general and not necessarily you) is how much you book on age leading to wisdom, this isn't '42, '77,'88, or 05, so get over it. I'm just ignoring your negative posts from here on out. Give a shout when you have something positive to say or add.

Guest Kgreene2343

I think Sir John's point is that we haven't tasted victory yet, it is only in sight.

I personally believe that the Irish are fully capable to win a national championship, and I believe it is probable they at least get there. What Sir John is trying to say is that if you go into a game thinking you will win no matter what, you will lose. There is a fine line between confidence and cockiness, and many Irish fans are crossing that right now.

Sir John is merely trying to reinforce Weis's idea that the preseason polls and all-Americans and the Heisman watch mean nothing. The only thing that matters is how we play on game day, and until that day comes, we shouldn't judge the Irish with extremes such as the best or NC Champs just yet.

Guest Kgreene2343

I do also fully agree with Scotty and that optimism is best, but we should never be too optimistic, partially because we will often be let down (not neccessarily this season, but in the future) and also it get's on others nerves. So far DD has been a great balance of optimism and cautionism/realism that borderlines pessimism. But we should never be too optimistic, otherwise cockiness ensues, and too pessimistic, because then you truly can't enjoy football when you're only looking at the mistakes. Trust me, I've been a Lions fan all my life.

Guest JerseyDomer

What would be too optimistic?

I say we will win the national championship this yr because I firmly believe that. That's not being cocky. I say we will win 4 titles in the next 10 yr span, because I firmly belive that. I would be surprised if many Irish fans don't feel the same way. Nothing is a given, I know that. If for some reason we don't this year then I'll/we who think we will, will have to deal with that ourselves. I don't see how believing we will win titles is being cocky. I highly doubt that Charlie Weis took this job without firmly believing that he will not coach Notre Dame to several National titles during his tenure. That is probably his goal. He is also refered too as being a cocky guy. He was the one preaching bringing " swagger " back to ND. If our players can run out that tunnel and walk out onto that field thinking they will win, then I/we can think so too.

If me or anyone on here saying we will win titles is getting on anyone's nerves, then I feel sorry for whomever that bothers, but I will continue to post that.

Seriously fella's we need to think we will win. I'm not sure bout the rest of you, but if I think we will win a title or think we won't win a title, and lose anyway, I'm not gonna be any happier with it.

Guest irishrick

nice article sj, keep posting we shall get it accross were pretty good but we lost the last two games,so don't throw this NC just yet, lets see if we can beat GT and PSU first. then we can talk . go irish :D

You got it KGreene, balance is the key. However it was SJ assuming my point as being cocky, I have said NOTHING about a NC, except that it's a realistic goal for this team IF they keep it together WEEK IN, WEEK OUT. SJ, you are once again being kind of feeble saying that I dont get it, or that Kgreene is the only one that does. You are mistaken, much like your pathetic attempt to rile JC supporters based off your weak argument. You come off as a very narrow minded person sometimes.

Guest SirJohn

:( Scotty if you quit posting i will be dissapointed in an ND fan. I never said you were cocky. If you lumped yourself into that basket it is not my doing. :) Scotty fan here.

12 games a loooooooooooong road of vicious saturdays. Perhaps some have never had this NC thrown at you before. We have. We won and sure as hell we lost.

What more can I say? Weis beats Ara to hell and back. In just about 23 days weis will see his calvary. I know at least there are two of 28 that will not be available. Some reasons known some not which i cannot talk about. I know some of the players drop into DD, not a boast here. I don't mean "recruits" I mean guys on that team. I realise there is 'spill over Noah flood' from the recruiting section here about the future. I care more for the guys on the team and those 28-maybe 25 that carry the load. everyone in there will be ruling and running the team not some group from 2007.

Pick up some Atlanta Georgia material. They are making this end of the world battle. We are going NC and 2007,08,09.

I never said we lose.. I said caution, shhhhh, be cool and above all be nice to opponent. Shoot the messiinger as I pointed out.

8PM Prime time Atlanta Georgia National TV. GT has not had that for years. ND? We are bored with it even under Ty.

Kick butt go Irish make us proud.

SJ I made the mistake of thinking about leaving the DD before, no worries here my good man, this is a tight crew we have here, even w/ occasional disagreements and bickering. You and Rick are staples here, have been here longer, so I try to not to be disrespectful or step on toes...I just don't like feeling that I've been taken out of context, which nobody does. I have a great outlook going into the season, and for good reason..the swagger is back! I'm trying to hold the attitude our team should and will, confidence...we can do this, but don't take anything for granted, respect our opponents, and hope our team is healthy this season. Much respect but no scared business, lets leave that to our opponents when they line up against a talented Irish team.

Only thing I can say about cocky, is that's how a man w/ a hole in his pocket feels. GO IRISH!!!

Guest SirJohn

:D Well said Scotty. Mine is cautionary warnings, never singled you out. Although you read a JC quote too close :D (I know.) Actually I have been here a year since July 2005, which mean nothing to me, a guy coming in tonight is ND and DD. We need to see if the freshmen the guys in here 2005 were talking about shape up in some 23 days.

Some 200+ members were not here in 2005 2/3rds. I do not know how clued in that 200 was or is. I can say 100 was dang happy to get those 28 that we at least won't forget.

I took a walk a bit ago after dinner for a smoke. I have to go some 200 feet away or the nuns running this place will kill me worse then Ohio State did ND. :) I was was wondering whose coming?To be honest I hope it's Zach, but who will be solid back up? Cause I again am minority Brady won't be in as much as the board here thinks.

Other holes. These are our babies that must be nutrtured and i dare not think about unborn kids not signed into the womb yet.

all i have to say to this thread is that my old high school coach told us, when anyone asks if we are going to win the game, the only response was "we expect to win" and i expect notre dame to win. nobody has more pressure than ND. nobody is expected to win more than ND. if you dont expect to win than you ahve lost already.