A. Benn on Power Hour (Irish Eyes) -Good listen

Guest IndyIrish

Guest IndyIrish

Things are sounding VERY GREAT for Notre Dame for the #1 WR Prospect.

He said graduation rate & academics were most important on his list. He said he loves Weis, the offense, and the QB situation. He listed his top 5 of ND, IL, USC, MD, and FSU; then he said he doesn't see himself as an SC guy, he's never visited FSU and said it doesn't matter if he does or not, he doesn't like the QB situation/offense at FSU.

He had good things to say about Zook and Friedgen, and mentioned a former HS teammate who plays at IL.

All in all, he's very humble and well-spoken and sounds like a really genuine kid. He mentioned the grad. rate at ND several times and academics and how much he loves it.

Towards the end, Mike Frank asked him if he had an idea in his mind who he is going to commit to, and Benn said ''Oh, definitely."

Sept. 8 is the official date...but there will not be much suspense!

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest IndyIrish

Haha, sorry gizmok! I must've been typing the above when you posted your summary on the other Benn thread. Sounds pretty darn good though.

Did you guys have to listen to the whole show also. Usually you can go right to the player interviews. i wanna hear the Benn interview.

If you listened to it live then you wouldn't be able to fast forward. If you download it with a later link then you can.

He pretty much summed up everyones predictions about him coming to ND. If he's not a USC type of guy, Illinois is the underdog, and it really doesnt matter to him if he visits FSU or not, the only competition for him is with Maryland. Granted they are pretty much State U to him, but I just dont see him going there. I cant wait until he breakd their heart and makes it official on his B-Day.

I notice that he also said that he doesn't have a MySpace page, which is good. That puts a rest to any rumors before they even get started. With his comments on JC, the graduation rate, academics, and the coaching staff, he pretty much let it out the bag. And he and Jimmy will be enrolling in January together, so they can get an early start on the playbook, this is looking like it could very well be the top recruiting class this year.

All we need now is Little, and some more of these defensive prospects to step up and see the light. His announcement on PSU weekend will definitely get the ball rolling for the Irish. Especially after we dismantle PSU at ND Stadium. I wonder if he'll visit for that weekend, would be great to have him and Jimmy on campus for that weekend !!!!

Guest NDLawJAG

I doubt he will visit at all for a football weekend unless his team has an off week because they play on Saturdays. I tried to check his HS site for there schedule a couple weeks ago but could not find anything.

Guest NDLawJAG

Bad News guys.... I just heard that the kid on the Illinois board talked to Benn just before the Power hour segment and he told him that he was going to get ND fans hopes up... Just Kidding.

Guest JerseyDomer

Finally heard the power hour. You gotta like the things he says, he seems like he knows what he wants. It's gonna be great watchin him in a yr.

Liked the, " Fan base is unreal " comment.

Big leader for Benn

Mike Farrell

Rivals.com Football Recruiting

Washington (D.C.) Dunbar wide receiver Arrelious Benn, one of the top prospects at his position in the country, is a straight shooter and doesn't mind telling folks where he stands when it comes to his recruitment. So it's no big surprise when he told us that one team is his leader. However, the size of that lead might be surprising.

ARTICLE-CLICK HERE