Donald and Wilson

IrishNY1985

We all seem to like our chances of landing Chris Donald and James Wilson, but likely face stiff competition from Tennesee and USC, respectively. So, who is the more important player to land for ND's future? We have alot of stud commits for the OL but alot for LBs too between Paskorz, Nagel, Neal? and others we're recruiting. Losing either would def hurt but I really think we just might land both. I'd give our chances for each at about 90% for Wilson and 60% for Donald, just my opinion tho. Lets hope we land both.

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

imo opinion i would say that donald is a must have prospect. he can do it all he has the speed to run and chase plays from sideline to sideline. the kid his a flat out animal. on that note it would be great to land wilson because he is just so pyscially dominate. if i had to chose i would pick donald just for the simple fact that our offense will never stuggle ever again, it is our defense that needs to come around.

Guest TDJesus3

Wilson is the more important prospect, and Wilson will be irish

Donald is an uphill battle and i think he ends up a vol

i would say james wilson is more important right now. ND needs to add depth to it's OL and wilson would help do that. chris donald would be a great get but ND already has nagal and steve p. with mostlikely martez wilson coming aboard.

Wilson is the more important prospect, plus we play usc every year and taking him from the poodle is more important. We are hurting more at the O-line then at the LB position, but I would like both of them. There is a good chance that Tennessee will have another bad year and that would help us out.

Guest JerseyDomer

Nothing againts Donald, but to be able to add Wilson to our O-line of last yr and this yr to come, our o-line should be set and top-notch for yrs

Guest DCIrish

Let's be honest here. We need both to compete at the highest level.

With Wilson, you get an athletic guard in the mold of Aaron Taylor. A guy who will immediately contribute. Team him with Sam Young and we are 2/5 the way to filling out an incredible line.

With Donald, we would have an immediate impact at LB with Toryan Smith. Other than Smith, I have not been overly impressed with the LB signees. IMO, Paskorz and Nagel are SS who will grow into LBs. Yes, they will contribute. However, it will take time and reps for them to make an impact. With Donald, you get a natural LB who has played the position throughout HS at the highest level. The kid reminds me some of a young LaVar Arrington and that is a good thing.

IMO, Donald is more important. Carufel and Stewart will have experience and will be able to contribute some after a year in the program. With Wilson, he could probably start almost right away if need be. However, there are some good people in front of him if we do not sign him.

With the LBs, Willingham signed a ton of guys, none of which have risen to the occasion. If they are to make a dent in the depth chart, it would seem like they would have done so by now. In short, we need a playmaker LB. The present guys aren't the answer. Toryan Smith might be, but we need depth and Donald fits the bill...

Dont forget Morrice Richardson. He will make the switch from HS DE, to college OLB. He was Gatorade player of the year in Georgia last year, and that says alot about his talent, and effort to the game, he will also be a big impact player for us.

Hm, depends how big he gets, but I still see him as an OLB. We will have a pretty solid LB corp...Smith, Martez, and Richardson seem like the most obvious starters, but Nagel should be pretty solid there also. I'm not too sure about Paskorz since I haven't seen any film of him, if there is any of him at LB. Also, I'm not exactly sure if Neal will be at DE right away, since he is very athletic and is still undersized as a DE, but the good news is that he's got a year to bulk up.

Guest chrislw35

Wilson is 45% His father will have some impact. Donald is about 45% He is going on NDs reputation, hasnt even been to campus yet. I think once Donald gets to campus he is 60% Irish. IMO Donald is the must have. I hope we get Wilson, but if we don't there are many OL prospects to follow this year and next. We will have plenty of depth on the OL, no problem. The Def. is were we need the most bang for the buck. The big time def. prospects aren't lining up to get to ND. Gotta be Donald. Go Irish

I think that the race for both of these guys may be too close to call. Of course we think we're favored for Wilson, but I'm sure USC fans believe the same of themselves. Because of recent events with Wilson it sounds like it could be 50-50, stuff has gone back and fourth where I've felt comfortable with him and other times have questioned whether or not he will be Irish. In the end I think that he will be coming to SB and that's all that matters. For Donald, who the hell even knows anymore. Our chances sounded great at first, he had ND and Tenn. favored above everyone else even before we offered him, which says a lot about his interest in us. Now, it sounds like we may be losing the battle, guys are saying 45% or maybe less...who knows at this point. I think he still has tremendous interest in us, but he hasn't come to campus yet so it's difficult to say who is in the lead...let's just wait until CW gets him on his golf cart, then we can assign percentages.

Guest NDLawJAG

Wilson is the most important... He can start as a freshman and we are going to need that next year. I think all the starting LB from this year will be back next year. We have a pretty good pool to find one linebacker, Crum will be the other for a couple of years and the Apach will be manned by a safety type of player.

Guest irishrick

tell you what i heard that usc is out of the picture, looks like the irish might get them both, if FULMER AT TENN has a so so year you can count on us getting both. hope so we need help, CW can only do so much got to have the horses. go irish :( :D

Guest chrislw35
chris u actually think USC is in the lead for wilson?

I think at this instant, he is an 18 yr old kid, emotionally charged from spending time with his father that he never sees. I think if he can clear his head alittle before 8/1 We have a great shot. We will see how it turns out. I do think Donald is more important to the future of ND. Chris Little just stated today he is very very high on ND. He is the #1 OL prospect out of SEC country. Plenty to replace Wilson. Very little to replace Donald. Go Irish