Lorenzo Edwards

atrain78255

Nice articla on him today at rivals.com....I love the fact that he's interested in architecture because ND has a TOP-NOTCH Archie program. If this is as important to Lorenzo as he says it is, then ND should be a no-brainer amongst the other schools he's looking at...

From Rivals.com....

When Lorenzo Edwards makes his next round of visits, the 6-foot-2, 220-pound safety from Orlando, Fla., will bring a point of reference with him.

Edwards was impressed with his visit to Notre Dame.

Edwards plans to check out North Carolina, Wake Forest, Duke and Clemson this week, restarting his recruiting calendar after stops at Notre Dame, Michigan and Northwestern in late April. That Midwest swing gave the Edgewater High School standout plenty to think about, along with a baseline to compare future recruiting trips after checking out the Irish program.

That trip to South Bend made a lasting impression.

"It was so beautiful, I loved the campus," Edwards said. "I liked the coaches and got to meet Maurice Crum and Ray Herring. They were really nice people and down to earth. They were telling me how Notre Dame was up and coming. I saw that for myself, not just from watching on TV."

Edwards plans to visit North Carolina today, followed by the three other ACC stops. The versatile defender, who plays safety and cornerback at Edgewater but projects at linebacker for many college programs, said he's still researching any school that's interested in him. That's part of the reason why Edwards isn't sure when he'll start crossing off schools, although he said he might cut down to 10 programs before the start of the season.

"I would like to tour schools wherever I can," Edwards said. "Whatever schools do have interest in me, for them to offer me a scholarship, I'm thankful for that."

Aside from his four-school tour this week, recruiting has slowed down considerably for Edwards since his whirlwind spring that saw college coaches streaming through Edgewater. While the overflowing amount of mail can still get a little hectic, Edwards is happy to take a break from the calls. Text messages, including one last week from Irish assistant Bill Lewis, continue to flood Edwards' cell phone, but he can return those calls on his own time.

"I'll call them back when I can," Edwards said. "It's hard to say which one I stay in contact with the most because I stay in touch with all of them."

Edwards said he gets occasional text messages from Notre Dame head coach Charlie Weis too.

"He's telling me that he can't wait to see me again," Edwards said. "He's hoping that I'll come up there and go to school."

No matter where Edwards winds up for college, he wants to study architecture. His April visit to Notre Dame included a meeting with an architecture professor and Edwards wants to land an internship in the field this summer. While he's aware of the time commitment architecture would require at Notre Dame, including a potential year off-campus in Rome, the opportunity has grabbed Edwards' attention.

"I thought that was crazy, going off campus for a year," Edwards said. "Architecture is something that I love to go along with football."

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest SirJohn

Sounds good atrain:

I can see why Coach Blew off at that Achitect major that dropped out via the South Bend Tribune article a while ago. Hopefully, lose one get one.

Guest shark83
Is it my imagination or is North Carolina coming up with alot of top recruits these days.

U got it right Jag. UNC already has a 5 star WR in Dwight Jones (Burlington, NC and I've heard Florida is still recruiting him), 4 star QB Mike Paulus (Syracuse, NY & brother of Duke point guard and former ND QB recruit Greg Paulus) and a 4 star RB Ryan Houston (Matthews, NC). This is why I'm really worried about Greg Little. I'm really happy that we get a chance to play UNC this year and have a great oppurtuinity to show Mr. Little what it would be like to play for an team that can compete year-in and year-out for NC's.

Paulus was never an ND recruit contrary to reports out of NC that he passed on ND to go to NC....ND got its only QB target, although Paulus will be a good one. NC has made some strides but I would be shocked if Little weren't Irish by the NC game.

Ya he is Irish...After reading several articles on him, I've come away from each one having a good feeling about him. Academics: check, Coaches: check, Winning tradition: check, Playing time: check. We're a perfect match.

Sounds good atrain:

I can see why Coach Blew off at that Achitect major that dropped out via the South Bend Tribune article a while ago. Hopefully, lose one get one.

That would be nice....that year abroad in Rome does scare me a bit, but nowhere else in the country offers the same level of academics/football for an archie major than ND does....and that architecture building ND has is pretty outstanding

"Blew off"??? Not so!

To the contrary, Weis said he met with Hiben and said he would accomodate the university's academic requirements. As I recall Hiben's comments indicated Weis wasn't receptive and Weis went on the record to the effect that he was receptive and that he understands the ND academic mission/demands (as he should as an alumnus as well as HC) and had tried to accomodate Hiben's concerns but it was solely Hiben's decision.

And let's clarify the "dropped out" comment. Hiben left the football team by choice due to his concern over the architectural program schedule and his decision that his career priority was architecture not football nor architecture AND football. He didn't drop out of ND. For Hiben it was roughly a $100,000 decision as he has to pay his own way now.

Quote:

EXACTLY...Tell me when Littlle goes up to NY and stays with Paulus and throws the football with him. Then I might be worried.

You might want to start worrying now, because he'll be in NC with Paulus this weekend !!!!

“Saturday, I’ll be at North Carolina,” said Little. “I’m going to throw with Mike

Little continues to keep an open dialog with Paulus with the latest discussions revolving around this weekend’s activities.

“About once a week [i talk to Paulus],” said Little. “Sometimes [it’s about]

Guest SirJohn

:) BGIF We are cool: I believe it's a matter of semantics like referring to a rifle as a gun or bullets to cartredges.

I used the term Weis blew off Hibron for these reasons: The student went

and talked to the South Bend Tribune on his own. Story published. Weis responds in public via the south Bend Tribune. This became a topic then of all the boards and various sites including Blue Gray Sky, roughly unusual that a coach would do so.

There was several accounts that perhaps it was a struggle between the professors at Notre Dame and the football department. This in public need MAJOR damage control.

I saw it as this individual undercutting the authority of a Head Coach. Weis practices 'silence' he does not even like the fact recruits are able to speak out because they are not yet in the fold. As pointed out the fact this was done publicly damaged the program for future architectural majors in that program. This calls for 'damage control.' Going public as well and blowling off. That is to say, saying that one did everything they could to see that this course, dropping out of the football program, was not done.

Everything seemed solved so it was a complete surprise to Weis that instead of coming to his office and handling this on the side to open a newspaper. Weis does not like surprises that are unpleasent. In addition it shreds the depth chart of the team. He has a hole now that was not there he must fill.

I used dropping out knowing he was still a student. He is off my radar now and I could care less. Unless he is a Frank Lloyd Wright he will never be heard of again.

Oh well we all already knew that JC kept in contact with Little and Benn. Deonte Thompson has even said that he talked to Jimmy a few times. The interesting thing is, is that he keeps in contact with Benn. I can imagine the convos that those guys get into about having that 1-2-3 punch with Kamara. I cant wait to see the looks on everyones faces when they realize that we've picked up those 3 once NSD comes. With the possibility of DT.

I really hope that JC is successful in pulling in some top WRs like Benn and Little. Of course having CW recruit you is the most important thing, but to have the number 1 player and QB in the country telling you to come on board that has to carry a lot of weight.