Potential DT offer

Rockne3d

Logan Walls, 6'2' 272 dt from Georgia. He has been hearing from ND. It has been a few weeks since last time. He has 14 offers, including: Auburn, Arkansas, Clemson, BYU, Georgia, Georgia Tech, Kentucky, Louisville, and Hawaii.

The ND staff is sending his transcripts through admissions. His best friend is a huge ND fan and he did face Darius Walker. Walls is also a 3 year starter.

Sounds good, throw on another 20 or 30 pounds and we've got a starter. Good list of all offers...I love to see us go after guys with a lot of SEC offers, that usually says something about their game speed

Guest BGIF

Throw on 10 pounds and we've got a freshman backup!

We need bodies. We'd all prefer the Austin, McCray size athlete with speed but we still need numbers.

Guest NDLawJAG

Yeah... the way the offers are going It does not seem they are targeting that huge run stopper noseguard. I like the 3-4 from the stand point that it gets more speed on the field and allows for more blitz packages while still leaving alot of cover men.

i also like the 3-4 scheme as well and don't forget when your OLBs are kerry neal and martez wilson it's like having two more DEs in the game combined with good speed. i think ND is going to bring the carolina panthers 4-3 defense to south bend. probbly the reason CW visited john fox.

Guest SirJohn

dangeruss I get that sence too. I got one of those second hands. A contact in West Virginia that was near the Carolina visiting & said things 'a poppin.' Just never postable till now..

The dts for Carolina are Jenkins and Kemoeatu. Stroud and Henderson are in Jacksonville but point is still the same. Jacksonville is more run stopping while Carolina is more speed based.

Guest NDLawJAG

Nice call ctj... Welcome. I think it's clear though that NDs focus will be getting speed on the field on D, even at the expense of size.