06 WR recruits may see the field earlier than expected

Rockne3d

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Probably for the better part of the season...lucky if he sees the last 2 games...are we sure this is a definite??

I would be stunned if he came anywhere near to even playing a single game. Actually, there would be absolutely no way he would play in 2006. If he tore the achiles, he is done for 2006. If it's torn, he'd be happy just to be ready for the 2007 spring game. This is a horrible injury. It ends the careers of many athletes.

It was posted by Rivals writer, Pete Sampson, in the 4 Horseman Lounge.

Guest Shamrock83

As much as I would like to see the young guys get a shot... I definitely don't want to see one of our guys go down like that

I'm not a doctor, nor do I play one on TV, but from what I have heard of achiles tears. I heard when it tears that the foot actually just "dangles" there and the tendon actually coils up into the knee. Again, never had the injury, simply what I have heard happens.

This is the same injury that ended Kurt Abbott's Short stopp career. He was on the marlin World Series Champ team in the 90's and tore the achilles at ST. Louis. I talked to him afterward at a party and he said that the trainer told him that it was over. Also, my buddy, who played for wake forest, had the same thing as a receiver and never saw the basketball or football field again. He's most likely done and it does ball up in your calf. Very painful.

That is really a tough break for the kid...is there any chance that this injury could be being blown out of proportion?? That kid really had potential too, and he would've seen a lot of minutes this year also...Do we need another WR this class b/c of this injury??