Andrew Dailey vs Greg Little

dangeruss

ND has given greg little an offer even though he carries a 2.7 GPA and a 930 SAT score. while andrew dailey dosen't have an offer even though he has a 19 ACT score (i believe). i think ND will make a decision this week about dailey. right now ND has a commit from steve p. and aaron nagel, with hopes of wilson (could play DE) and donald.

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest loweND

I think for Dailey it comes down to a numbers game. With Paskorz and Nagel already on board, I think the staff should see what happens with Wilson and Donald first.

even if ND lands wilson and donald they could still bring in dailey since it's not known yet if wilson will play OLB or DE.

I don't want to see that happen since it would effect our numbes elsewhere. Besides, Wilson's other position is DE and we already have 2 there with a probable 3rd on the way in Martin.

Guest TDJesus3

yea last thing you want to do is overload at lb, next years class is going to be unreal, especially with guys who seem to really like ND

we already have 2 there with a probable 3rd on the way in Martin.

thats true, if ND land martin that would give ND five DEs in the last two years (wade, ryan, trattou, neal and martin). so if ND gets wilson and donald, dailey maybe on the outside looking in. ND said they want to bring in four LBs this year.

Guest TDJesus3

Dailey is on the outside looking in even if donald passes, i think Brian Smith gets the next offer before Dailey and he won't pass. I still think Dailey is going to PSU

Guest TDJesus3

kyle jackson may be above dailey at this point, dailey had his chance and blew it by not being prepared for the recruiting process, if he was coming on board he would have needed to do it before steve p

Guest TDJesus3

we have other lbs before him on the board, remember zo edwards could end up at lb also

jackson didnt have any tape of him playing in coverage, so they wanted to see him at the camps, and he kind of missed the boat, if you arent the top guy on the board when two out of four spots are already filled then you have to wait till those top guys pass, last thing they want to do is fill wilsons spot or a spot for donald or zo

dailey, smith, and jackson will be good players but they should not fill those last two spots over guys like wilson and donald, if they pass things will change

Guest BGIF
Dailey no longer has anything to do with grades. It is all who ND has ranked higher.

I posted part of a current Dailey article on July 4th under "daily's trip to penns state per rivals"

http://www.domerdomain.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=3807

Here's a shorter quote pertinent to you comment above:

"Notre Dame is showing a lot of interest. They're recruiting me the hardest next to Penn State. The Irish are also going to be contacting me later this week. They are trying to make my academics work," Dailey said.

Dailey reports a 3.1 GPA and 18 ACT.

I noted further in that thread:

A 3.1/18 should be enough to get into ND. Thus I read, "They are trying to make my academics work" as a core course issue with ND Admissions not with the NCAA minimum requirements.

I thought LB like WR had gotten croweded with viable LB candidates. What's the point of continued interest and "trying to make my academics work" IF we're full at LB? Insurance against a McCoy shortfall?

even if ND lands wilson and donald they could still bring in dailey since it's not known yet if wilson will play OLB or DE.

I don't want to see that happen since it would effect our numbes elsewhere. Besides, Wilson's other position is DE and we already have 2 there with a probable 3rd on the way in Martin.

where does paddy mullen fit into this scheme?

Guest TDJesus3

BGIF, I think they are stringing him alont a little, and this may be their perfect excuse to do it, i dont think anyone is saying we are full, but its going to take some guys to pass for him to get an offer, so we string him along and then if, god forbid, guys pass then dailey gets his offer, I feel safe with wilson, i dont with donald, and from their you look at zo who wants to be a safety who i think we got a good shot at, harrison smith, who i like better at safety who likely goes to UT, then you get to Smith, Jackson, and Dailey, and i think they are in that order, Smith would get offered first and then Jackson then Dailey, but it really depends on alot of factors, including kids decision to wait or to commit somewhere else

Guest TDJesus3

hes going to be a monster, hes freaking huge now and still fast, i think this kid makes an impact, maybe not this year but definitly in the future. This staff seems to like small fast dt's