Darius Walker vs. ????????

irishdread

In my opinion, DW is a very good back. His vision, patience, and decision making is far better than alot of other backs in the nation.My question is, why would so many people take other backs over DW ???? No he's not the fastest, strongest or biggest back, but he may just be the best all around back in the country, IMO.I saw this on another board and was just wondering what some of you guys here think?? Dont want to start a argument, just want some other opinions !!!! Check this out !!!

http://www.notredamefans.com/boards/viewtopic.php?t=10966

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest bfabes05

I love Darius as well and I hate it when ND guys tear him apart, the guy is stronger than a bull, finds holes, and makes plays when he needs to. All you have to do is watch the Ohio State game, he was our whole offense that game, cant wait for him next year.

If Walker had a bit more speed he would be the best in the nation IMO. He is superior to some of the best backs in the nation in vision, patience, blocking, and catching the ball out of the backfield. If he can get his 40 down to just a 4.5 (is it higher than that now?), he will be a Heisman candidate.

The speed is the only thing stopping him from being a legitamate Heisman candidate IMO. People blow that aspect of his game way out of proportion. They focus the aspects of his game he needs to improve a little and almost totally ignore the tremendoes assets and value he brings to the team.

Some ND fans are just not satisfied with a great back we have focusing on the speed dept. In my opinion, the fans that have a problem with it need to re-evaluate him and look at the production he has. Not just running and catching the ball, but look at how great of a blocker he is. He is one of the better backs in the nation and will only improve. Foreverirish has stated that he has improved his speed so people need to watch out for him this year.

Guest irishrick

i say he is good right NOW is doing the job that charlie wants him to do, and doing it very well, so he isn't as fast as a few backs ,he makes it up with guts and determination and desire. thats good enough for me. as far as im concerned he is a BLUE COLLOR WORKER. TAKE THEM OVER THE REGGIE BUSH TYPES ANY day GO WALKER, GO IRISH. :)

I think that DW will have a breakout year, especially if there's someone to help in the backfield. I don't think we saw all his tools last year.

To me, it seemed he was playing a little injured during the season... he seemed to lack that extra burner that he had shown early in the season... and that he also showed in the Fiesta.

Go Irish!

Guest JerseyDomer

Darius just gets no love outside of South Bend it seems. Any true ND fan who has the slightest of clues knows that Darius is one hell of a back. His national praise will come, and so will his National Championship rings!

Why would a fan bash a player like DW? He might not score a touchdown every time he touches the ball, but we can count on him. He is not one that will put the ball on the ground and drop passes. When he is out there, you can count on him getting a few yards on almost every touch. What will help him is that TT has improved and will let DW get some chances to rest during the games and be 100 percent throughout the season. If other teams don’t sing his praise, then that can hurt them and let’s hope it stings!

When he is out there, you can count on him getting a few yards on almost every touch.

exactlly. remember the stanford game when he carried the team on his back, man he was a force in that game. he was always picking up 4-8 yards on every run, the guy is a workhorse.

i doubt very much that TT overtakes DW. TT is also a very good back, but I think DW's ability to do everything well, will keep him the starter. he's a better receiver than TT, he holds onto the ball, and his patience is his strong point.

Guest Irishmac1988

Keep in mind that DW is not exactly a break out back in terms of breakaway speed and long runs. But he is the most consistent running back i have ever seen. Even if he doesnt get a run longer than 15 yards in a game you know that he'll still produce consistantly gaining 5-6 yards easily. Thomas will see more action this year I think, mostly because of what he proved last year. It might end up taking a few carries away from DW but who can tell at this point in time

Guest Irishmac1988

exactly or better yet...brooks bettis in 92 but thats a bit of stretch since bettis played fullback but the comparison is still there

i have no problem with TT taking a few snaps away from DW. it'll allow ND to keep their RBs fresh and give their offense a different look. two heads are better than one.

'92 was an awsome year for a 1-2 punch with brooks and bettis. i really like the nickname that NDs backfield was given in '92. they called them the "killer bees" with brooks, bettis and becton.